This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on ATI fglrx 8.42?

I just can't wait to see this "legendary edition" with AIGLX support and 50% improvement on my X1300... I didn't even install 8.41 so that 8.42 would look like a huge brand new start for me.

Anyway, comparing to 8.41, it seems that 8.42 is really quiet. Anyone can give a confirmation that it actually supports AIGLX and R500s?

I am not allowed to talk about 8.42 until the day of the release or AMD permits it otherwise, but it has been stated before and in AMD's official press release that 8.42 should contain AIGLX support and is designed for pre-R600 graphics cards as well.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

OMG, u just make me want to jump out of the window and rush for 3 hours so that I can exhaust myself and sleep all along until it gets released...

Waiting is painful...

Comment

What's the deal with all the secret stuff? What do they stand to lose on early beta reports? Is it.... because they won't deliver again?

Comment

Originally posted by uhoh View Post
          What's the deal with all the secret stuff? What do they stand to lose on early beta reports? Is it.... because they won't deliver again?
          Relating to their Linux drivers I have a NonDisclosure Agreement that have been standing with them for over two years now, and unless that is nullified, I am not really able to talk about their future development plans.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by uhoh View Post
            Micahel's got an NDA with 'em. Means he CAN'T discuss anything about it. At the minimum, he'd get cut clean off from Beta Access. At the worst, they'd sue him for breach of that NDA.

Nobody here, Michael especially, wants either situation to come to pass.

I can wait. Lord only knows I've waited as long as I have for the silly thing- and it's still suboptimal in at least some ways. Perhaps 8.42 will do it. Heh...perhaps the Open Source team will beat 'em to a quality driver.

Comment

indeed there was a nice performance boost for x1300pro here

I just hope 8.42.x will have xorg 1.3 support and the 3D stuff fixed (the only reason why I dont use 8.41.7 is, I cant play diablo2 with it

2.6.23-kernel support would be nice too, of course

Comment

I just can't wait to see this "legendary edition" with AIGLX support and 50% improvement on my X1300...
                your expectations are over-the-roof. i bet you'll be dissapointed.

i'm in no hurry for new fglrx. i'd rather wait a bit longer for radeonhd driver to mature.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                  your expectations are over-the-roof. i bet you'll be dissapointed.

i'm in no hurry for new fglrx. i'd rather wait a bit longer for radeonhd driver to mature.
                  Well, the ultimate goal is definitely radeonhd, but it'll just take too long. Meanwhile, I'll be really pleased if fglrx could get AIGLX running on my laptop.

Comment

Meanwhile, I'll be really pleased if fglrx could get AIGLX running on my laptop.
                    make sure your eyes can take it. mine can't.

i guess i have a motion sickness of sorts, so i don't really care about compiz & stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X