Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multimonitor with one card possible?

I need some information regarding a multimonitor setup:
    I am using a R600 card with DVI/VGA/HDMI port with mesa(gallium)/drivers from git and want to know if it is possible to use two monitors at the same time with this hardware/driver combination (monitor 1 using DVI and monitor 2 using HDMI). If not, how well does a multicard setup work and do I need two identical cards for that or would e.g. a R300 card do the job too?

Yes, why shouldn't be possible?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

All Radeon chips support multi-monitor on Linux, with the open-source driver. Your card only needs to have 2 or more connections. All types of connections - VGA, DVI, DisplayPort, TV-out, HDMI - are supported. And on the R600/700, also the HDMI audio works.

Comment

I don't know, software limitations? Hardware limitations?

edit: thx AlbertP

Comment

Multi-monitor should just work on your setup. You may have to configure the 2nd screen in the display preferences if you don't like mirroring: the same content on both screens. But you can easily change this in the display preferences of Gnome or KDE.

Just connect your 2nd screen, wait 5 seconds and it works. Multicard should also work, I've never tried it so can't tell you more about it.

Comment

Working...
          X