No announcement yet.

New Loki Games Repository Emerges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wish somebody would restart/continue where loki stopped. and do it right for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      i wish somebody would restart/continue where loki stopped. and do it right for a change.
      Uh... Hopefully Michael will have the deals done here I've been alluding to. If so, that'd be really close to that with this current crop of titles. He's trying to do it right for a change- this means building up from the ground up with decent cash flow to be in it for the long run. That also means no AAA titles that the studio/main publisher doesn't cut special deals with LGP for a short while yet. Now, having said this...

Comment

I consider myself a strong supporter of LGP both in terms of telling other Linux users about the site and by purchasing games from them (I've bought three or four so far). It's that much better to know that LGP is in some ways (of which I don't yet know the details) what is left of Loki. I've said it before, but if anyone here is interested in Linux gaming then do try to support LGP and any other company that provides Linux games. The next LGP game I'm looking forward to is X3, but I'd like to know more about what is in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Uh... Hopefully Michael will have the deals done here I've been alluding to. If so, that'd be really close to that with this current crop of titles. He's trying to do it right for a change- this means building up from the ground up with decent cash flow to be in it for the long run. That also means no AAA titles that the studio/main publisher doesn't cut special deals with LGP for a short while yet. Now, having said this...
          As always with these cryptic messages Svartalf, you leave me salivating

There's a ton I could read "between the lines" and a lot more that's "in your face"... Now I have to ask: is Icculus** in the plans in some way or another?

I... couldn't... resist... Temptation... too... great... Curiosity... too... strong... *sigh*

** And by that I mean RCG!

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
            As always with these cryptic messages Svartalf, you leave me salivating

There's a ton I could read "between the lines" and a lot more that's "in your face"... Now I have to ask: is Icculus** in the plans in some way or another?

I... couldn't... resist... Temptation... too... great... Curiosity... too... strong... *sigh*

** And by that I mean RCG!
            I knew precisely whom you were referring to.

Yes, isn't he ALWAYS in the plans somewhere in there? I mean, America's Army, Postal2, Serious Sam, Serious Sam 2, Unreal 2 engine, many, many others. If I gave too much you might figure out the games I'm hinting at- and where'd the fun be if I can't taunt ya all?

I will say that he's done stuff that has been published by LGP in the past. As to if he's involved with current projects, I am unable to say either way.

Comment

As far as I *can* say (as is public knowledge, anyway) is that he's involved in UT3's Linux port (with all and the tools, yay! made with wxWidgets), Google's Google Earth, but that's about it. About UT3 he was very vocal in the UT2004 as soon as it was announced (back then still referred to as UT2007), more than that, I cannot say... Goes beyond of my channels of communication Is nice to see him "in the game"**, though!

** hehe I love that pun!

Comment

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
                I consider myself a strong supporter of LGP both in terms of telling other Linux users about the site and by purchasing games from them (I've bought three or four so far). It's that much better to know that LGP is in some ways (of which I don't yet know the details) what is left of Loki. I've said it before, but if anyone here is interested in Linux gaming then do try to support LGP and any other company that provides Linux games. The next LGP game I'm looking forward to is X3, but I'd like to know more about what is in the near future.
                Mike Phillips was a former Loki developer. He's the stated Lead developer. Several other former Loki developers and the beta test/ISV contact crowd () for Loki are consultants for LGP, doing the porting work, infrastructure work, etc. for the porting efforts. We picked up support and sales for a couple of the titles Michael managed to get deals with (Most of the publishers and studios were uncertain of the ownership of the codebases, developed or in their final stages- by the time a goodly portion of the assessment was done, it wasn't worth their time in their eyes to re-license their IP to LGP. Shame.)

I'm hoping Michael gets these deals in- I'm waiting to hear from him on one of them so I can start back up and get it done, hopefully in short term, because I thought it was cool when I tried out the Windows version and I was going to ask him if he would consider talking to the studio and their publisher about it when he mentioned it to me out of the blue.

I will only indicate that it was a CRPG.

Comment

As far as I *can* say (as is public knowledge, anyway) is that he's involved in UT3's Linux port (with all and the tools, yay! made with wxWidgets), Google's Google Earth, but that's about it. About UT3 he was very vocal in the UT2004 as soon as it was announced (back then still referred to as UT2007), more than that, I cannot say... Goes beyond of my channels of communication Is nice to see him "in the game"**, though!

** hehe I love that pun!
                  Heh... I will say that I only WISH we had UT3 at this point- that hasn't been mentioned by Michael; that'd be about as much of a coup as the stuff he told me about.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Mike Phillips was a former Loki developer. He's the stated Lead developer. Several other former Loki developers and the beta test/ISV contact crowd () for Loki are consultants for LGP, doing the porting work, infrastructure work, etc. for the porting efforts. We picked up support and sales for a couple of the titles Michael managed to get deals with (Most of the publishers and studios were uncertain of the ownership of the codebases, developed or in their final stages- by the time a goodly portion of the assessment was done, it wasn't worth their time in their eyes to re-license their IP to LGP. Shame.)

I'm hoping Michael gets these deals in- I'm waiting to hear from him on one of them so I can start back up and get it done, hopefully in short term, because I thought it was cool when I tried out the Windows version and I was going to ask him if he would consider talking to the studio and their publisher about it when he mentioned it to me out of the blue.

I will only indicate that it was a CRPG.
                    Now you truly have me intrigued!!!

There's like 10 titles that come rushing to my head that could be that "CRPG"... I hope he does get the deal... And that'd be our Michael?? Phoronix's own Michael?

Comment

There's like 10 titles that come rushing to my head that could be that "CRPG"... I hope he does get the deal... And that'd be our Michael?? Phoronix's own Michael?

When he is referring to Michael with gaming, he is referring to Mike Phillips who owns LGP/their lead dev.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X