No announcement yet.

Good News For John Bridgman Et Al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John, who leads AMD's open-source strategy and posts on our forums as part of his AMD Linux work, has written over 5,600 posts in less than four years. This trumps even my 5,496 over the course of five years or that of the Phoronix Forums news-posting bot.
    Aaaaah... I see... THAT's why you're implementing it now

j/k, thanks for that change, at long last.

EDIT: might as well start abusing it...
    Have you considered having a minimum time window before posts can be edited? You know, so that blunders are available for all to see for a bit
    Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 20 May 2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I've always wondered: why limit the edit time while you can recruit some community moderators?

Comment

Personally I would prefer if you could change settings to your cookies, so premium users won't have to login to forums every time to see ads free articles.
        Rob
        email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
          Personally I would prefer if you could change settings to your cookies, so premium users won't have to login to forums every time to see ads free articles.
          have you heard about adblock???

its a magnificent add on that runs on any browser that worths your time

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

Except that very soon you'll lose test result graphs when AdBlock is detected and instead served awkward tables.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Good!

... damn 10 characters limit...

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

It's not about ads blocking. It's about convenience for premium users.
                Rob
                email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Except that very soon you'll lose test result graphs when AdBlock is detected and instead served awkward tables.
                  This would be very bad behaviour. Adblock saves bandwith and browser resource usage.
                  A tip that "site and reviews are payed by ads, disable ad blocking please" set as background image underneath the ads would be much more valuable.
                  Don't fight users.

PS
                  thanks for edit-button bugfix!

Comment

Holy crap!! The DAY has finally arrived!! :'''D Oh the joy!

Alright... let's test this thing and see how bad the Captcha really is.

Where the hell is the so much talked about Captcha?
                    Last edited by devius; 20 May 2011, 06:15 PM. Reason: Test the bloody thing

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Smooth move. Users will love Phoronix more that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X