Yes, Rage is coming to Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Rage is coming to Linux

According to LinuxGames.com, Rage IS coming to Linux.

Per John Carmack himself:

"There is certainly no plans for a commercially supported linux version of Rage, but there will very likely be a linux executable made available. It isn't running at the moment, but we have had it compiled in the past. Running on additional platforms usually provides some code quality advantages, and it really only takes one interested programmer to make it happen."

I'm sure TTimo's one of the likely candidates and if not, I've half jokingly offered MY services.

What were we taling about in the other thread?

It would be swell if besides TTimo you could provide some additional peer review of the code or testing

Comment

It's funny to me how so many people were willing to jump to conclusions on the status of this new iD techology running on Linux before getting a real answer from the developers themselves. Has iD ever been bad to the Linux gaming community? No, in fact up until this point I would have to say they have been the top supporter. I'm open to other companies attempting to knock them out of that position though .

Comment

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
        It's funny to me how so many people were willing to jump to conclusions on the status of this new iD techology running on Linux before getting a real answer from the developers themselves. Has iD ever been bad to the Linux gaming community? No, in fact up until this point I would have to say they have been the top supporter. I'm open to other companies attempting to knock them out of that position though .
        It was driving me batty for the past couple of days- everywhere I turned, this STUPID rumor was popping up in the news sites. My take is that the people that were willing to jump to conclusions had an agenda of their own or were relative newcomers to our favorite OS- not knowing Id's modus operandi on Linux releases.

Comment

Very likely, and since in the QuakeCon keynote, Carmack didn't say anything about Linux, that's most likely what sparked the rumor.

Comment

Working...
          X