Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Installing radeonhd on Debian/unstable

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    401

    Default Installing radeonhd on Debian/unstable

    I followed the instruction for an Ubuntu installation, here http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=843&num=1,
    but used it to install on my Debian machine. Since I don't use sudo I removed those from the example commands after after copy-pasting them.

    However, trying to restart X fails and I cannot even go into kdm, the login manager.

    My Debian/unstable was updated/safe-upgrade some minutes before installing the radeonhd.

    Any tips on how to proceed?
    -

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    For those not using Debian/sid: it uses Xorg 7.3 / Xserver 1.4. I don't know if RadeonHD might have problems with that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    For those not using Debian/sid: it uses Xorg 7.3 / Xserver 1.4. I don't know if RadeonHD might have problems with that.
    Ok, thanks.

    Forgot to say that I have a Radeon HD 2900XT and Debian unstable x86_64.
    Last edited by sabriah; 09-18-2007 at 03:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nurnberg.
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabriah View Post
    Ok, thanks.

    Forgot to say that I have a Radeon HD 2900XT and Debian unstable x86_64.
    Please take this to our newly formed radeonhd mailing list at radeonhd@opensuse.org

    It might take a few days, but we'll help you out there

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26

    Default

    When using debian, you might be interested in the 'official' debian packages. They just have been uploaded by David Nusinow.

    apt-get -t experimental xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd


    ( http://bgoglin.livejournal.com/13122.html )
    Last edited by robin1979; 09-19-2007 at 04:41 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robin1979 View Post
    When using debian, you might be interested in the 'official' debian packages. They just have been uploaded by David Nusinow.

    apt-get -t experimental xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd


    ( http://bgoglin.livejournal.com/13122.html )
    Unfortunately, he only had i386 binaries and no 64-bit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabriah View Post
    Unfortunately, he only had i386 binaries and no 64-bit.
    He informed me that they are available at

    ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/mai...ideo-radeonhd/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by libv View Post
    Please take this to our newly formed radeonhd mailing list at radeonhd@opensuse.org

    It might take a few days, but we'll help you out there
    Hi,

    I posted my replies at http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2007-09/

    The most notable was that the 64-bit version only worked in 800x600 and 640x480 at 58Hz.

    However, the "subject" line went missing so the xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log weren't together with the other mails, to which you replied. Did you miss the actual files? It is found here: http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2.../msg00117.html

    Cheers!
    Last edited by sabriah; 09-23-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •