SCO files chapter 11 bankrupcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCO files chapter 11 bankrupcy

So, this horror story for SCO seems to have finished quite badly. I know some will rejoice, and some will simply not care... I know I had a chuckle or two when I read it.

I fully expected this is how it would eventually end for the company after seeing where their stock has been for the last year or so. It would be nice if a little something would come out of this that connects Microsoft and SCO even more in terms of financial compensation and direction from MS. Combine that with some details on how Microsoft tried to buy votes for their XML Document format and we could have a situation that makes some people other than just Linux fans start to wonder what will be next.

Comment

Indeed. There are many dirty clothes in that closet.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
        http://www.electronista.com/articles...co.bankruptcy/

So, this horror story for SCO seems to have finished quite badly. I know some will rejoice, and some will simply not care... I know I had a chuckle or two when I read it.
        In all honesty, I viewed it as an interesting, but painful and very public way to commit corporate suicide when they started this whole shebang. Doesn't seem to have been anything other than that. I can't wait to see if Novell, IBM, and/or Red Hat pursue the Lanham Act violations by SCOX and start looking for the guilty parties wherever they might be- including other companies, if you get my drift...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          I can't wait to see if Novell, IBM, and/or Red Hat pursue the Lanham Act violations by SCOX and start looking for the guilty parties wherever they might be- including other companies, if you get my drift...
          All too well... For the time being I'll sit back and enjoy... As of late, it would seem, we, Linux users, have had much to rejoice about

Comment

Justice. That's all I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Source Of Radiance View Post
              Justice. That's all I have to say.
              Poetic Justice comes more to mind- at least in my mind.

Comment

What goes around comes around. Darl McBribe needs a sound spanking for what he has done to an old-line UNIX company. SCO was once a fine company that turned out a good, if old version of Unix that ran on PC's, until Darlie and his pack of merry fools decided to rattle their sabers and hit the jackpot by suing IBM and other companies for IP infringement. As truth be told, SCO did NOT have full ownership of the Unix IP.

Sad end to a fine old Unix company. Darlie and his merry pack of fools ought to be put in jail for this massive scam they pulled off
                Last edited by DeepDayze; 23 September 2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

finally its over

Comment

Working...
                  X