Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: OpenBenchmarking.org Live

Phoronix: Coming Soon: OpenBenchmarking.org Live

To be paired with the release of Phoronix Test Suite 3.2-Grimstad later in the quarter will be the release of OpenBenchmarking.org Live, which is a new incarnation of our PTS Desktop Live Linux distribution. For those not familiar with PTS Desktop Live, our Live DVD/USB Linux environment completely standardizes the software stack so that enthusiasts or organizations wishing to carry out benchmarks can do so to directly compare hardware differences by eliminating all Linux software differences. It is also one easy way to try out benchmarking under Linux since it is just a matter of booting the DVD/USB drive and the testing environment is pre-configured. With OpenBenchmarking.org Live, we are taking PTS Desktop Live one big step further.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do I sense a "put PHP back where it belongs" and thus use a web page as the GUI?

Comment

Heh, if you weren't trying to misuse PHP as a desktop programming language, you'd have never run into so many showstopping problems with php-gtk2. Well, it doesn't help that the bindings are more or less unmaintained, but I suspect that occurred because everyone else realized "gee, maybe this PHP thing is for the interwebs".

Learn Vala or C or C++, or hell, Python. If you keep the pts command line interface consistent, you can fork and exec PTS commands from the UI process.

Ofcourse if you want to bundle a small web server and host some webpages, which you seem more than capable of creating, go for it. But PTS really needs a solid GUI one way or another.

Comment

Sorry, on page
        http://openbenchmarking.org/vendors
        i've got an error message:
        "This page contains the following errors:
        error on line 45 at column 57: PCDATA invalid Char value 16
        Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error."

Comment

Working...
        X