Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.41.7 Display Driver Released -- The Holy Crap Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    For Debian/Ubuntu user who did not use lrm-manager:
    Script
    In a few places in your script there seems to be some Diff stuck in rather than applied. Not sure if that's intentional, but thought I'd mention it just in case it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      8.42 will not only have AIGLX, but also a lot of bugfixes for non-R600 cards (like AMD said).
      Yeah! If all of what AMD said was true, I would not have any problems. But according to their release notes (for the last 21 months), the bugs I'm complaining about don't even exist.

Comment

hi michael sorry to insist but d ont you have a note saying yes it will work with an ATI mobility radeon hd 2400 or not and wait

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Here is the warning AMD will make you agree with before downloading the driver once it officially appears at AMD.com:
          I'll reserve my judgements until I see for myself, but it looks like this is the train wreck I envisioned back in June for this thing. If the desktop cards I have work decently enough, I'll be satisfied to continue using them- for now.

As it stands right now, if this shows to be the debacle that it is currently shaping up to be, I can't recommend anything different than I do right now, which is NVidia on anything except the G80 series chips, Intel if you don't have a heavy 3D load you need to support.

IF they get this straightened out or the specs we get prove out to be useful, this might change. But I'm not holding my breath- I like the color blue, just not on my skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Z1Kenobi View Post
            hi michael sorry to insist but d ont you have a note saying yes it will work with an ATI mobility radeon hd 2400 or not and wait
            It is supported, yes. It is part of the Radeon HD 2000 series. I just haven't tried the Mobility version myself but it is supported.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I tried out the new driver on a Mobility Radeon X1400 even though it's not recommended. Same old issues that I've had before:

Xv - completely corrupt and crashes the whole x-server
              X-server crashes on logout or restart

and the video tearing on Opengl output that I managed to fix with the fglrxrc file has returned and is worse than ever even though the fglrxrc file is unchanged.

It's a new day, but still the same old issues with fglrx. I don't hold much hope for the new open source driver either which will probably crippled. Just goes to show that marketing speak and technical reality are often miles apart. All in all a great disappointment.

Comment

t is supported, yes. It is part of the Radeon HD 2000 series. I just haven't tried the Mobility version myself but it is supported.
                Is is strange cause on ati site , they make a difference between radeon hd 2400 series ans mobility radeon h 2400 series , so why not in the release note

So i m going to try it on my comp today and of course i will notice here my results , thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Try running glxgears and close it
                  hehe. Yeah, I tried that first thing after installing the new driver. Well actually I lie. I did fglrxinfo first (it didn't mention the driver number). I then did glxgears. Weird when you close it.

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Comment

what is that?
                    doesn't build pkg in Fedora 7 x86_64.
                    8.40.4 is ok! but, 8.41.7 is fail.

Code:
                    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
                    Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.41.7...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
                    ==================================================
                     ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager 
                    ==================================================
                    Generating package: Fedora/F7
                    Package build failed!
                    Package build utility output:
                    Building target platforms: x86_64
                    Building for target x86_64
                    bla~ bla~ ....

Comment

ok few things

- some crapp is rendered in lower right corner (watermark problem again ? )
                      - suspend/hibernate disappeared from my KDE menu????
                      - video playback is same as it was->crappy
                      - K3B gradient randers for 2 seconds
                      - Dolphin/Konqueror flickers

haven't tried dualscreen

one step back in my case...

Comment

Working...
                      X