No announcement yet.

Catalyst 11.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any issues with multiple displays when using the Catalyst driver? I can't get Gnome 3 to work with separate X screens when using my nVidia card and was thinking of switching to an ATI card.

But i would like to know if there's a way to setup multiple screens without any tearing on any of them with the ATI driver before making any decision.

Comment

Can't install 11.5 in Ubuntu Natty

when i use the command: " sh ati-driver-installer-11-5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/natty" I get this error (i installed all needed libraries according to http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide):

Code:
      dh_install -pfglrx "arch/x86/usr/lib/*.so*"                 "usr/lib32/fglrx"
      for i in \
                              debian/fglrx/usr/lib32/fglrx/dri/fglrx_dri.so \
                              debian/fglrx/usr/lib32/fglrx/*libGL.so.* \
                              ; do execstack -q $i; execstack -c $i; done
      /bin/sh: execstack: not found
      Any idea?

Comment

This command never worked for me for 4 months. Installing it without the "--buildpkg" flag works.

Comment

Ok, tried without --buildpkg and it worked.

Now i am trying gnome 3, and i dont have any activities bar corruption, what i do have is some kind of "flickering" (i don't know the right word in english) the screen gets a little crazy when i click in "activities" and when i choose a window from the activities screen... so basicly the trouble is switching from and to the activities screen. but i don't see anyone else complaining about that, so am i doing anything wrong??

thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            the command works if you install some stuff from the packetmanegment system..

ask kano for the stuff he know it.

the installer is just broken because the installer do not ask to install that stuff.
            Sorry, buddy, but the installer DOES ask to install that stuff. Building these packages still doesn't work (at least for me). But I don't care, because the "normal" way to install catalyst works.

Comment

If you've installed the dependencies then execstack should be located in /usr/sbin. Make sure the directory is in your path. During natty beta I've found the directory not to be in the path except when using sudo. But now it is on my machine anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
                Could you make a screenshot of that, so everyone might know, what it is? I can't find it.
                I have taken a screen of the border problem.
                Do you know a way to upload the picture to this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by allram View Post
                  I have taken a screen of the border problem.
                  Do you know a way to upload the picture to this forum?
                  You can upload it to tinypic and then post the link here.

Comment

Originally posted by diegoocampo View Post
                    Ok, tried without --buildpkg and it worked.

Now i am trying gnome 3, and i dont have any activities bar corruption, what i do have is some kind of "flickering" (i don't know the right word in english) the screen gets a little crazy when i click in "activities" and when i choose a window from the activities screen... so basicly the trouble is switching from and to the activities screen. but i don't see anyone else complaining about that, so am i doing anything wrong??

thanks for your help.
                    Ok, so I checked back and the problem i was talking about its with dual-screen configuration, if i use just the laptop screen there is not flickering at all...

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
                      Could you make a screenshot of that, so everyone might know, what it is? I can't find it.
                      Here the screenshot of the border wtih a line that go through all the icons:

Similar lines occur in the top header of all windows(firefox,krusader,solitaire etc, wahtever).
                      That line dissapear if i turn off the "adjusted border compensation" in catalyst settings.
                      I dont know if that was the so called Gnome3 problem, that bwat47 mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X