Don't Look For SystemD On Ubuntu Anytime Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amphigory View Post
    I configured /etc/systemd/systemd.conf to use systemd modules for mount, swap, etc. I also recompiled kernel with full cgroup support. Booted kernel with parm 'init=/bin/systemd. Only three or four legacy init scripts were actually being parsed and executed. That only took about 1.5 seconds. I don't consider that significant.

'systemctl dump' showed all but two or three systemd modules active.
    interesting, in my quad core Phenom II X4 965 i did "eye" notice faster boot times + i love the tools + i think many ubuntu ish crap can be removed from the boot process too wich should give a bit more perf + im playing in changing kdm boot priority too so maybe i can force it to start as early as possible wich will give the sensation of even faster boot times XD

i'll post something later if i made it work XD

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
      What distro are you using? Ubuntu 8.04? From 2008?
      Um, 11.04.

And I double-checked last night and it still doesn't work. I found one web site listing some asound.conf configuration that's supposed to make it work and that doesn't work.

As for hardware, kind of the point of pulseaudio is that you don't need fancy hardware if everything is sent through a sound server which mixes everything into a single stream.

As far as I can tell Flash is just not using pulseaudio, so it grabs the sound device and doesn't let anything else use it.

Comment

Originally posted by movieman View Post
        Um, 11.04.

And I double-checked last night and it still doesn't work. I found one web site listing some asound.conf configuration that's supposed to make it work and that doesn't work.

As for hardware, kind of the point of pulseaudio is that you don't need fancy hardware if everything is sent through a sound server which mixes everything into a single stream.

As far as I can tell Flash is just not using pulseaudio, so it grabs the sound device and doesn't let anything else use it.
        I haven't had this issue since Ubuntu switched to PulseAudio in 8.04 (it was an issue before). For some reason, your flash plugin is trying to access the hardware directly - which it shouldn't do.

Try removing it completely (apt-get remove --purge) and reinstalling it. If you are using some custom repository for flash, remove that too.

In any case, this is not a pulseaudio issue.

Comment

Working...
        X