X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMEEE View Post
    Hi all

Just a quick note..

Of different reasons the project has now changed name to bumblebee and have also been updated..

So, try it out... And remember to report back, so that I can improve this project..

Available here: https://github.com/MrMEEE/bumblebee

Twitter: http://twitter.com/martinjuhl
    Thanks for this great contribution to open-source! Any progress on switching off the discrete graphics when not in use? Once that has been sorted and also video playback using vdpau then we wont even need nVidia to officially support it. Great job! Another point to open-source against proprietary!

Comment

Does this mean we can have KMS support and good 3D performance at the same time?! if so sounds great to me!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMEEE View Post
        Of different reasons the project has now changed name to bumblebee...
        I don't understand why everything has to be autobots related. What's wrong with Megatron or Starscream? Ok ok... I'm probably the only one who didn't like Bumblebee (the character), but if this is the counter-offensive to Optimus, it makes more sense to be some robot from the other side. :P

Back on topic, excellent work man! If I had a laptop with NVIDIA gpu I would be testing this right now.

BTW, is there anything stopping this from working with desktop hardware?

Comment

Great work!

Yes great work mate! Any progress on getting the nvidia card switched off when not in use, for better power management? That would be the icing on the cake that and VDPAU support. This shows how great open-source is, the vendor wont support the features, the community can step in and fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            I don't understand why everything has to be autobots related. What's wrong with Megatron or Starscream? Ok ok... I'm probably the only one who didn't like Bumblebee (the character), but if this is the counter-offensive to Optimus, it makes more sense to be some robot from the other side. :P

Back on topic, excellent work man! If I had a laptop with NVIDIA gpu I would be testing this right now.

BTW, is there anything stopping this from working with desktop hardware?
            Megatron is probably a trademark, while bumblebees... well, plenty of prior art around!

Comment

Working...
            X