No announcement yet.

Radeon HD 2900XT Linux Game-Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does the fglrx driver/panel now features a tool for setting up and controlling AA/AF under Linux?
    You can set up AA/AF options in the AMD Catalyst Control Center for some months now, but I've heard it is disabled in 8.41 because there's no AA in this driver (that can be seen in this article). But basicly, it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      You can set up AA/AF options in the AMD Catalyst Control Center for some months now, but I've heard it is disabled in 8.41 because there's no AA in this driver (that can be seen in this article). But basicly, it is there.
      Now that's what I call progress!! Even though it may be broken in the 8.41 drivers for R600 hardware, it does mean that there has been much progress about how does ATI/AMD address this particular issue. I remember back in the early 8.x driver days when you had to setup AA (and only AA, there was no option for AF, that I knew of, anyway) by means of aticonfig or manually hacking up xorg.conf, which also meant universally enabled AA (maybe not what you'd like, etc). Indeed AMD is giving me a good number of rather nice surprises.

Comment

I thought this article was supposed to have a comparison with the Nvidia...

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        FYI. Working on an image quality comparison between NVIDIA and ATI in ET: Quake Wars.

Comment

Working...
        X