No announcement yet.

My first MythTV BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yip I know and have installed mythbuntu / mythtv before, for my question is really aiming at the actual case.

what case / display can you recommend? why am I asking this because I do not want to turn on the TV just to listen to the radio or playback a cd or playback a music file from the HD, so the display should ideally be able to handle that -- at least be useable for radio (if via tv-tuner card thats fine) and CD playback.

So minimum display functionality is
    cd track, timer kind of thing
    station tuned to

not sure about buying a case with a touchscreen as they seem to be very bulky and even more expensive

Comment

I'm about to throw one together with a Thermaltake Mozart SX case. I haven't gotten all the parts yet, but first impression says that it's a decent case. The VFD included is an iMon and is supported by LCDProc and LIRC, so it seems promising.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        I'm about to throw one together with a Thermaltake Mozart SX case. I haven't gotten all the parts yet, but first impression says that it's a decent case. The VFD included is an iMon and is supported by LCDProc and LIRC, so it seems promising.
        and any news on this?

also anybody got any insight into which chipset to use for my requirements?

Comment

All,

have been searching and searching and am also falling back on the Biostar Mobo. One of the key things that I have noticed is that the Biostar has an SVIDEO out on the back panel.
          I currently do not have an HD TV and this would allow me to use and unconverted picture on my regular tv.
          Has anybody used the svideo out? If it works like on my laptop with a geforce 6150 that would be great

Alternatives would be with an ATI chipset - for instance Biostar TA690G AM2 - has anybody tried this chipset?

How have you got on with the thermaltake mozart sx case?

also am considering getting a nightjar silent psu and using a 2.5" HD to reduce noise and heat, what do people think, will it be possible to run with only cpu fan, in this setup?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by Cuppa-Chino View Post
            All,

have been searching and searching and am also falling back on the Biostar Mobo. One of the key things that I have noticed is that the Biostar has an SVIDEO out on the back panel.
            I currently do not have an HD TV and this would allow me to use and unconverted picture on my regular tv.
            Has anybody used the svideo out? If it works like on my laptop with a geforce 6150 that would be great
            Yeah, it should work fine like that.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Anybody got any experience with the AMD/ATI chipset, Biostar avails in UK are limited and I can find a range of board based on the AMD 690 chipset with TVOUT headers and TV out connectors.

Especially as the board manuals always state that only one digital and one analogue video out can be active:

ie if you use dsub then you cannot use svideo and if you use hdmi then dvi is not possible, will it be possible to select this option in Linux?

With those there could be hope that Radeon HD drivers will support it at some point in time in the future.
              Last edited by Cuppa-Chino; 04 December 2007, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X