Linux Game Publishing Is Working On A New Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X3 would be fine.. but..

I would love to see X3 TC ported, but at this moment I already have two "X" titles from LGP (X2 - The Threat and X3 - Reunion), and bot of the games can not be played because the LGP DRM server is down. The server has been down for months and months now, and I see no sign it will ever come up again.

So - there I am with two worthless disks where I paid money for (and shipping them to the Netherlands increased the price even further). The games install fine, but cannot be played because I can not validate them. I am really pissed about that. Guess that's the reward you get for being legal..

Thus - even if a port is done for X3 TC (with I doubt hugely at this moment), please, please, please, please, please do NOT include a DRM that is depending on a "phone home" server. I will certainly not buy it, because I have learned my lesson - the hard way...

Comment

Originally posted by JClosed View Post
      I would love to see X3 TC ported, but at this moment I already have two "X" titles from LGP (X2 - The Threat and X3 - Reunion), and bot of the games can not be played because the LGP DRM server is down. The server has been down for months and months now, and I see no sign it will ever come up again.

So - there I am with two worthless disks where I paid money for (and shipping them to the Netherlands increased the price even further). The games install fine, but cannot be played because I can not validate them. I am really pissed about that. Guess that's the reward you get for being legal..

Thus - even if a port is done for X3 TC (with I doubt hugely at this moment), please, please, please, please, please do NOT include a DRM that is depending on a "phone home" server. I will certainly not buy it, because I have learned my lesson - the hard way...
      Weird.
      Last time I played X3:R (~two weeks ago) X3:R started immediately - without the 60+ seconds delay that hits X3:R when the DRM server down.

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Have you posted a bug report?

Comment

@gilboa

That happens when you have installed the game and have got the game registered before the server went down.
          However - when you change hardware and do a re-install, it is impossible to register. The authentication window hangs forever, waiting for some reply that is not coming.

@Apopas

I would love to submit a error report, but to whom?
          The Linux Game Publishing site cannot be reached. The only thing I get is a time-out.
          I do not know where to go..

Also - after installing the game you cannot update to the latest version. The LGP update application is waiting forever for a respons...

If somebody know how I can register (and -if possible- update) X3-Reunion and X2-The threat on my new machine I would LOVE to hear about it!

Comment

The Linux Game Publishing site cannot be reached. The only thing I get is a time-out.

Also - after installing the game you cannot update to the latest version. The LGP update application is waiting forever for a respons...
            That's really wierd, because as far as I can see, the servers are online and I can reach linuxgamepublishing.com without any problems. That also includes the bug tracker, and there doesn't seem to be any problems with the update application, though all my games are already updated so it's not the best proof.

Comment

If somebody know how I can register (and -if possible- update) X3-Reunion and X2-The threat on my new machine I would LOVE to hear about it!
              I think something is very wrong on your end, problems with the ISP perhaps?

See if you can reach https://lgp.tenderapp.com/ it's their support system.

Otherwise they are on twitter and identi.ca: http://twitter.com/L_G_P http://identi.ca/LGP

And supposedly you can also reach them on IRC: #lgp on irc.freenode.net

Comment

As pointed out above use that link for their support, it's not hosted on their servers.

It seems some people do have problems but it doesn't look to be LGP's fault. Some ISP's must be having routing problems.

Comment

The problem with lgp is that they can not participate with hib as they only have got Linux ports. Usually the games should support any os. But i still think that those games are too expensive - especially when the win version runs fine with wine (and there even works alt-tab). They try to get money from just a few ppl who want to support Linux gaming, but i prefer multiplattform solutions, which means, buy the game, play it on any plattform. Their way is wrong, there you should buy a win version and when you want to play it on Linux 5y later, you should pay the same price as when it was new a 2nd time. With the bundles you have got the choice, when you have got one system with a tricky gfx chip (like gma500) then you may need the win version for it, for others Linux or even osx. But why on earth should somebody buy the game for every single plattform?

Comment

Thanks AHSauge and whizse.

This is very strange indeed. The support site whizse gave me is reachable for me. No problem.

I used the site to explain my problem, and am waiting for a reply.

I am starting to think it is indeed on my ISP side, but the strange thing is... why is this site blocked, and all other sites i visit not? I never had any problem reaching a site. As far as I know my ISP has never ever blocked anything before, so this is all very, very strange.

Does everyone here can reach the LGP site, apart from whizse and AHSauge?

I am baffled...

Comment

Allright - to reply to my own message...

I have been searching, and I can reach a number of hops until I reach the provider (or something like it - this is the hop: 62-233-127-182.as20860.net) where LGP is hosted, after that it is only time-outs. I can reach the website from LGP when I use a proxy, but that wont do me much good because the DRM site adres (but not the IP adress) is coded somewhere in the DRM software. Sigh - don't you looove the "phone-home" DRM protection? The only ones affected are the paying consumers that do not use cracked software... again...

Anyway - I got a message from LGP support the indeed some consumers cannot reach their servers. Sounds like someone has blocked a few IP adresses for some strange raeson.

I will report here if and when this is solved

Comment

Working...
                      X