Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Game Publishing Is Working On A New Port

Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Is Working On A New Port

Linux Game Publishing fell off a cliff last year when their main (and only) server crashed and was offline for about two months time causing their DRM server to go with it, etc. It was at a time that LGP wasn't also publicly announcing any future work or other projects, which led many to wonder whether LGP was finally being laid to rest in a similar manner to Loki Software. However, even once they came back online, no new announcements were made. They've now only finally commented about the future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please let it be X3: Terran Conflict

*hope*

Comment

Is it HL2?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenWizard View Post
        Please let it be X3: Terran Conflict

*hope*
        Co-sign.

Also there's a new X game in the works, X: Rebirth, planned for a 2011 release. Obviously it's windows only at this point.

Comment

"still alive"

Comment

Additionally, "We're also working on a few other things that we should be announcing in the near future."
            Tbh they've been saying that for quite some time now. It's high time they spilled at least some of the beans

Comment

SC2

Ha, it's StarCraft 2!

No.. it's probably not. I'd donate 30 bucks to both Blizzard and LGP if that's the case

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
                "still alive"
                Hehe, nice little hint you found there. If it's a hint ofc. :P

Comment

DRM

is there no way to not implement that stupid drm?

It is annoying that one need to have an internet connection to start a game... I have X2/X3, Sacred Gold and some others like Ankh1/2 etc. Unfortunately I haven't played those (or any game except OilRush for that matter) for a while, so it might be that you only need the internet connection once. For OFFLINE games...

That is as annoying as, when I want to play one of my MMORPGs and find out that your account has been banned/closed or something -.-

Comment

Sacred2

btw. I hope the next port is Sacred2 (or NWN2 where I have all parts already anyway)

Comment

Working...
                    X