Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Driver Is Out! Meet Oktoberfest!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, can't wait to read it. a few hours, michael... beside, thank you for engagement & your really great articles

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      LWN doesn't mention everything... In a few hours the real embargo will expire, and we will spill the beans on what really is going on.
      Hmmms...

Yer implying that there's .... More to come that you are still NDA'd on????

blinkblink???

Comment

Originally posted by Regenwald View Post
        ah, can't wait to read it. a few hours, michael... beside, thank you for engagement & your really great articles
        Thank you for the nice comments!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

When I first read the article, I was ecstatic. I had been avoiding ATi/AMD for graphics on Linux for the longest time. I am a former ATi R300 owner. I totally loved that card (R9500), but I got it just around the time I went 100% Linux and I tried to be patient and held on as much as I could. Finally I went with and nVidia card. These news are great. Finally ATi/AMD is presenting nVidia with some real competition in the Linux ground, and this could prove more beneficial to ATi/AMD than expected, as I've read all over the place the 2900 isn't doing too well on Vista either... Maybe this here is material for another investigative article about the performance Delta in Vista and Linux of the 2900, even with "small talk" about how well does it fair and handle the desktops eye candy effects on each platform and how does it fair in gaming, both with eye candy on and eye candy off.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
            When I first read the article, I was ecstatic. I had been avoiding ATi/AMD for graphics on Linux for the longest time. I am a former ATi R300 owner. I totally loved that card (R9500), but I got it just around the time I went 100% Linux and I tried to be patient and held on as much as I could. Finally I went with and nVidia card. These news are great. Finally ATi/AMD is presenting nVidia with some real competition in the Linux ground, and this could prove more beneficial to ATi/AMD than expected, as I've read all over the place the 2900 isn't doing too well on Vista either... Maybe this here is material for another investigative article about the performance Delta in Vista and Linux of the 2900, even with "small talk" about how well does it fair and handle the desktops eye candy effects on each platform and how does it fair in gaming, both with eye candy on and eye candy off.
            Dunno bout yer R300 -- but

my
            Code:
            01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AS [Radeon 9550] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
                    Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 0402
            does just fine with the fglrx drivers from 8.27 on out ... I even get decent framerates at 1440x900 WoW in wine - - not great mind you - - but playable

Comment

xv

Can someone post the output of the xvinfo command on an X1000 series card.

I hope I can finally watch TV under Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                Dunno bout yer R300 -- but

my
                Code:
                01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AS [Radeon 9550] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
                        Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 0402
                does just fine with the fglrx drivers from 8.27 on out ... I even get decent framerates at 1440x900 WoW in wine - - not great mind you - - but playable
                Well, simply put, I was getting mostly interactive frame rates in most programs, but albeit my friends with nVidia comparable cards of the time (FX series) were getting twice as much as I was, at the very same resolutions.

Comment

Sooo, is anyone else constantly reloading this page in anticipation?

Comment

Originally posted by Porse View Post
                    Sooo, is anyone else constantly reloading this page in anticipation?
                    You could just subscribe to the Phoronix RSS (http://www.phoronix.com/rss.php) and you will know for sure when the driver is released... along with other great Linux content
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah, get PLUGed in and turned on.

Comment

Working...
                      X