Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Driver Is Out! Meet Oktoberfest!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last... I can now dust off that x1600XT and retire the reliable yet slow Geforce FX 5500. By the way Michael, I knew it .

Originally Posted by Michael
    Nope, it's not two weeks. It's ______...
    Originally Posted by Malikith
    If theres any meaning behind that towards the ATI drivers, count the characters haha..

_ _ _ _ _ _ . . . (9 characters)

S E P T E M B E R (9 Characters)

Hahahaha. Of course it probably doesn't mean anything . But I'm throwing out a good guess out there. Maybe that'll spark you guys up a bit. Definitely is fun. Plus my birthday is in this month so maybe that'll contribute, ATI/AMD can give me a birthday gift.
    Yep, I knew it hehe, except I didn't know it was tonight the results would come. This is very exciting. I definately know what my next machine is going to have, thank you ATI/AMD.

Edit:

Oh by the way Michael, hows the anti aliasing performance now? Is it the way it should be now too?
    Last edited by Malikith; 05 September 2007, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneus View Post
      Now let's all hope ATI will continue developing this new driver Perhaps I'll buy an ATI next year to replace my 7800GT.
      One thing is bugging me though. No word about using the videoplayback acceleration for ATI cards. Someone has a clue?
      I would like to know that too. Fully Functional videoplayback acceleration it is a must for me.

Michael, can you give us a hint on that?

Thanks for the good news.
      Last edited by hobbes; 05 September 2007, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Aside from performance, I am looking forward to Xrandr 1.4 and Xorg 7.3 support in general (are my version numbers right?).

As someone who insists on using Linux in the office, being able to move between projectors and secondary monitors quicker and easier would be a huge plus.

Any news on this? Or is it the same story as AIGLX?

At any case, hopefully the new code base makes it easier for the developers to keep up with new features if nothing else.

Comment

Quite frankly I'm just startled you managed to get an x1950PRO running in Linux at all. Maybe I won't have to sell that stupid video card after all.

Comment

Yeah, and I hope the new codebase fixes the whole AGP bus issue that plagues me and Alistair and anyone else with a AGP X1k card.

Comment

Just my luck...

My hdd failed this night, now I'm using my father's laptop (ugh...IE).

I'm delighted with the new driver though

I'll be back when I get a new harddisk..

Comment

Hello, GREAT news for us ATI linux peeps, however I'd like to know if AIGLX is supported with this release. I looked through the articles and this thread and didn't see an answer.

Cheers guys!

EDIT. dw, just read the other article saying it isn't in the release ... shame, but now i can play games!!

Comment

Originally posted by eatmuchpie View Post
                  Hello, GREAT news for us ATI linux peeps, however I'd like to know if AIGLX is supported with this release. I looked through the articles and this thread and didn't see an answer.

Cheers guys!
                  its on the second page of the 8.41 driver preview

Where's AIGLX? Well, unfortunately due to delays later in their development cycle for the 8.41 driver, AIGLX was pushed out of this month's development and release cycle. The AIGLX support will, however, arrive next month with the fglrx 8.42 driver.

Comment

what about "desktop performance"....with <8.41 ( specialy in KDE) flickering is very noticeable and very annoying.

Any improvements here?

Comment

hy, what's about video acceleration? xvmc support, mpeg4, avivo, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X