Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Driver Is Out! Meet Oktoberfest!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! What is so different about FireGL?

in the mean time FireGL owners will want to stick to the fglrx 8.40 driver.
    As an owner of a laptop with a FireGL V5250, I really have no choice but to try the 8.41 driver because the 8.40 driver fails when trying to play anything more demanding than "Quake 2". Anyway, I thought that the V5250 was based on the R530. What gives?

Comment

Also, what about output device detection/configuration, big desktops, randr-1.2 support?

Comment

glxinfo

We (wine developers) are very interested in the glxinfo output of the new ATI drivers. Before ATI didn't report various GL/GLX capabilities correctly which resulted in less features or very ugly hacks. If you could provide us with those that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
          Also, what about output device detection/configuration, big desktops, randr-1.2 support?
          I Very much second to get information about that.

Also, will this piece of shit natively compile on 2.6.22 on x86-64? All I could find in the info was some crap about Fedora. As if everyone in the world used fedora or their kernel packages...

I recommend Michael to start informing about LINUX KERNELS and not some specific RH/Fedora packages.

New features, sound nice, but something (history I suppose) tells me it'll suck, just like the other drivers. Especially for us who don't care about Quake FPS, but rather big desktop / RandR 1.2, new kernel support, x86-64 and other rocket science things ATI seems to find hard to acknowledge.

I'd call this "Script kiddie's FPS goes up"-edition

Comment

Originally posted by opera View Post
            I Very much second to get information about that.

Also, will this piece of shit natively compile on 2.6.22 on x86-64? All I could find in the info was some crap about Fedora. As if everyone in the world used fedora or their kernel packages...

I recommend Michael to start informing about LINUX KERNELS and not some specific RH/Fedora packages.
            It actually says it won't work with 2.6.23 (general information), so you can't use it on Fedora 8 (specific information). Maybe I should re-use my signature with "people thinking distros are different kinds of linux"...

Originally posted by opera
            New features, sound nice, but something (history I suppose) tells me it'll suck, just like the other drivers. Especially for us who don't care about Quake FPS, but rather big desktop / RandR 1.2, new kernel support, x86-64 and other rocket science things ATI seems to find hard to acknowledge.
            Just wait and see. Michael said it'll be available in 1 week wtf.

Originally posted by opera
            I'd call this "Script kiddie's FPS goes up"-edition
            Then you have no idea what script kiddie means.

Comment

Some informations

Good Good news, very good, I hope!!

I would tell to Michael some additional informations about the new driver:

Anything about Hypermemory? I think it is important for my mobility card (I have 2Gb of RAM, and in WinVista (damn!!) with new driver with full functionality of HyperMemory my graphic performance increase a lot, there's a lot of big differences in the same games between Vista and XP, in Vista they run faster than XP).

Any improvements about graphic card power management and fan speed?

Any notice about suspend/resume functionality? (with 8.40 and F7 i can't suspend correctly)

With new driver and an ATI mobility X300 can I play with FLightgear and can I use Cedega?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my english.

Comment

Wow, great news (finally)! I'm more interested to read about AIGLX-support and/or any power management-related features, so if you could touch on those that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

Comment

xv

My xv acceleration works just fine if I add to lines to the "Device" section

Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
                  Option "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
                  don't know if I need the second line however

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Can we see some abuse dished out via Viewperf (Yeah, yeah, I know- it's one of the standard torture tests all the same and NVidia AND AMD/ATI use it as one of their benchmarks)?
                    Some SPECViewPerf benchmarks were done about a month ago. I'll see if I can still locate them.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The RS480 and RS690 IGPs have also seen some huge performance improvements, but I haven't personally validated that yet.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X