No announcement yet.

AMD 8.41 Display Driver Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? No accidental leak of the driver for us?

EDIT: Whoops, looks like someone already thought about that... Thanks to whoever leaked it! Bittorrent is your friend!
    Last edited by lilricky; 05 September 2007, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilricky View Post
      Bittorrent is your friend!
      Care to drop another hint?

Comment

Originally posted by uhoh View Post
        Care to drop another hint?
        Me too!

Comment

He better shuts his mouth.

Comment

What? No accidental leak of the driver for us?

EDIT: Whoops, looks like someone already thought about that... Thanks to whoever leaked it! Bittorrent is your friend!
            /me wonders if this is the next major linux worm ......

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              He better shuts his mouth.
              And you better learn proper english.

Comment

And you better learn proper english.
                Your second post on the forum, and you're already in the offense?

d2kx is right though. If you know anything about any leakage, then keep it to yourself. If more people talk about it, AMD may rethink its beta program (and we don't want that).

Comment

It's better to have been thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt

This is for uhoh:

<bitch>

Now I amd trying to understand your complaint about the corners and the mouse with ATI card. I had a old laptop with a radeon 9600 and never had the problems your talking about. Actually about 5 months ago I bought a new laptop with nvida on it and seeing what I am seeing now I wish I would have bought the version of my laptop with ATI.

My experience in video quality on my old laptop with radeon 9600 (when watching videos especially) was clear and crisp. My current laptop with a geforce go 7600 seems to have more blotchy and faded video quality. I managed to get even WoW working on it no problem and of course WET going beautifully.

Now I've used the open-source driver and the fglrx and I got it all working with XGL on fglrx and got AIGLX working on open-source driver no problems. Your complaints are dumb and un-needed. AMD has not been running ATI for ever, ATI's choice prior to the buyout was their choice. AMD has had a pile load of crap happening over the last year and I think they have done an awesome job. AMD is making a great choice in showing it supports OpenSource. AMD is much more open than many in their position in the world so instead of bitching, shut up and know your role.

Everyone else doesn't seem to be announcing to the world just how stupid they are so why do you.

BTW I'm no uber linux geek and if I managed to get it working problem(including crashing) free I don't understand why you keep complaining about the corruption. Oh btw my first graphics card was an ATI Mach32 4MB card and guess what there was a mouse corruption problem on that driver for windows and it persisted with every ATI card I had until the Radeon 9800 came out years ago. This was a windows driver here not linux so guess what, the fact that they are saying they are working from a new code base is a good thing. Before ATI was bought out by AMD they would have stayed on that same codebase from here until the end of the earth so count your blessing that they were bought by AMD who understands a thing or two about doing things efficiently.

Anyway sorry to all others about the bitching but I hate hearing some local yocal biatch about something he has so very little understanding about.
                  </bitch>

Comment

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan View Post
                    This is for uhoh:

<bitch>

Now I amd trying to understand your complaint about the corners and the mouse with ATI card. I had a old laptop with a radeon 9600 and never had the problems your talking about. Actually about 5 months ago I bought a new laptop with nvida on it and seeing what I am seeing now I wish I would have bought the version of my laptop with ATI.

My experience in video quality on my old laptop with radeon 9600 (when watching videos especially) was clear and crisp. My current laptop with a geforce go 7600 seems to have more blotchy and faded video quality. I managed to get even WoW working on it no problem and of course WET going beautifully.

Now I've used the open-source driver and the fglrx and I got it all working with XGL on fglrx and got AIGLX working on open-source driver no problems. Your complaints are dumb and un-needed. AMD has not been running ATI for ever, ATI's choice prior to the buyout was their choice. AMD has had a pile load of crap happening over the last year and I think they have done an awesome job. AMD is making a great choice in showing it supports OpenSource. AMD is much more open than many in their position in the world so instead of bitching, shut up and know your role.

Everyone else doesn't seem to be announcing to the world just how stupid they are so why do you.

BTW I'm no uber linux geek and if I managed to get it working problem(including crashing) free I don't understand why you keep complaining about the corruption. Oh btw my first graphics card was an ATI Mach32 4MB card and guess what there was a mouse corruption problem on that driver for windows and it persisted with every ATI card I had until the Radeon 9800 came out years ago. This was a windows driver here not linux so guess what, the fact that they are saying they are working from a new code base is a good thing. Before ATI was bought out by AMD they would have stayed on that same codebase from here until the end of the earth so count your blessing that they were bought by AMD who understands a thing or two about doing things efficiently.

Anyway sorry to all others about the bitching but I hate hearing some local yocal biatch about something he has so very little understanding about.
                    </bitch>
                    Look, other people with different cards and different configurations experence different issues, its as simple as that. I don't know what is with all the heated debate lately, but it really needs to end. I understand some people frusterate others, but this just isn't necessary.

I got a suggestion to anyone that has any beef with anyone, try to take it to private messages. Alot of people see these forums.

Comment

I agree but since there was never any mention about what vid-card, motherboard, cpu, version of linux, driver revision being used I don't think I'm getting carried away by complaining about someone who seems to like to complain about something they don't even know how to reseached their hardware and bugs/config tweaks to get it going properly. I know that I did complain a little too and I am sorry but those "1337 h4x0rz" out there should stop trying to be so 1337s and maybe try actually to read and learn things instead of using a "Go-button" approach to everything then complaining that things don't work and the company involved sucks worst than antying else in the universe.

I like Nvidia and ATI, my new laptop I chose nvidia since at the time it was fully supported. So other than this, uhoh should search this forum for some tips on getting that "corruption" fixed. Every problem I have encountered to date I could resolve by simply using goolge and my two eyes. I don't come in a forum and start complaining about how a company that never gave a rats ass about linux all of the sudden does an about face and this guys is bitching???

Now WTH is up with that, and I'm being looked down at because I feel very strongly that AMD/ATI is making a great choice by doing what they are doing and having the opinion of people who just hate the world and everything in it and nothing is said about them. Ok then, I am sorry and will keep quiet, I guess getting praise from the consumers is something that AMD is NOT looking for, great now that means they will go full steam ahead in linux right???

Comment

Working...
                      X