Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 182

Thread: Mono Developers Go Bye-Bye From Attachmate

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRider View Post
    Mono is evil, just get over it.
    [...]
    'doing the wrong thing'.
    Ah, because the topic's about "justice" here ?
    I thought we were talking about a framework, not politics...

    Seriously, you fanatics should calm down.
    I'm OK with using FSF-compliant technologies, but hell, I'm using whatever I like, and more important what I find more useful.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wswartzendruber View Post
    Wow. It smells in here. The anti-Microsoft zealots have already left their fowl stinch behind.

    Are you guys for real? I, for one, liked the option of having a C# compiler on Linux.
    There were many anti-Linux and anti-KDE/Qt zealots in Novell, so I wish mono and C# will die on Linux. There are much better and ms free ways of writing a software.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    i think this is the end of the M$ Zombie Mono..

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwat47 View Post
    What is with these idiotic mono-hating trolls everywhere? Its just pathetic.
    What about idiotic mono lovers trolls everywhere? Let's rewrite Linux in mono. And people wonder why ms has a monopoly. Qt is excellent toolkit which scares ms, but hey there are idiots who want to use ms tech on Linux.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armurier View Post
    Ah, because the topic's about "justice" here ?
    I thought we were talking about a framework, not politics...

    Seriously, you fanatics should calm down.
    I'm OK with using FSF-compliant technologies, but hell, I'm using whatever I like, and more important what I find more useful.
    Then use ms windows. There aren't bigger fanatics than mono boosters like Icaza and some Novell folks. I'm glad to hear Icaza's kicked out. If you're smart enough you should know it matters what licenses, toolkits, languages and applications should be used on Linux.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    I whish the devs the best.

    That said; great day both for MS and for FLOSS.

    Who needs Mono to create apps anyway? Are they lazy to learn other languages or simply incompetent to use alternatives?

    If you can't code in Java then you can't code. If you are lazy then I don't want to run your software as I hate fat software. And who doesn't?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    To the idiots who celebrate when developers lose their jobs: a big, warm fuck you. You have just scraped the bottom of the barrel, wishing your fellow humans pain and misery. Those people have families and children to feed, yet you laugh at their loss - fuck you.

    To the Novell developers who just lost their jobs: I wish you the best and I hope you all find new jobs soon.

    This is a sad day for FLOSS. No matter if your political views agreed or not, Novell was a significant contributor to the community.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    There were many anti-Linux and anti-KDE/Qt zealots in Novell, so I wish mono and C# will die on Linux. There are much better and ms free ways of writing a software.
    uhm...name at least one language that is that easy to code, that powerful and has such a great performance.

    not to meantion Visual Studio, I've yet to see an IDE powerful and nice as that one.

    don't get me wrong: I don't like Microsoft and in most cases their software is just plain bullshit. But when it comes to Visual Studio and C#, they did something wonderful. And thanks to mono, we can enjoy that, too.

    yes, I am a C# programer. Yes I do want to learn C++ sometime, because I want to go "deeper" but as long as there is no IDE for linux that is capable of auto-completion and has a proper design, it's just pain in the ass. And yes I'm wondering how people could write such great things like the linux kernel and gnome withhout an IDE.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    uhm...name at least one language that is that easy to code, that powerful and has such a great performance.

    not to meantion Visual Studio, I've yet to see an IDE powerful and nice as that one.

    don't get me wrong: I don't like Microsoft and in most cases their software is just plain bullshit. But when it comes to Visual Studio and C#, they did something wonderful. And thanks to mono, we can enjoy that, too.

    yes, I am a C# programer. Yes I do want to learn C++ sometime, because I want to go "deeper" but as long as there is no IDE for linux that is capable of auto-completion and has a proper design, it's just pain in the ass. And yes I'm wondering how people could write such great things like the linux kernel and gnome withhout an IDE.
    code::blocks
    eclipse

    there. two nice ide.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    77

    Default Try KDevelop

    Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    yes, I am a C# programer. Yes I do want to learn C++ sometime, because I want to go "deeper" but as long as there is no IDE for linux that is capable of auto-completion and has a proper design, it's just pain in the ass. And yes I'm wondering how people could write such great things like the linux kernel and gnome withhout an IDE.
    Try KDevelop, while not quite as good as VisualStudio (nothing is, I'm afraid), it's still good, and it does support things like auto-completion and refactoring for C++ code. You get the best results (best integration) when developing for the Qt-library, but any C/C++ code is supported (as well as many other languages, with varying degree of integration). While primarily targeted at Linux, it works reasonably well on MS Windows too, once you have managed to get it setup properly (but that was a PITA last time I tried, which admittedly was a few years back, so it's most likely better now).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •