Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 9.5 Alpha For Linux Released

Phoronix: Opera 9.5 Alpha For Linux Released

For those using the Opera web browser, Opera 9.5 Alpha with a Linux binary has been released. The Opera 9 rendering engine has been rewritten for Opera 9.5 which resulted in several speed and memory enhancements, improved layout algorithm, a more responsive user interface, synchronization support with My Opera, full history search, and many more improvements.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It should alo be noted that this release also supports x86_64 arch

Comment

if the latter is true than it's really great news.

Comment

I've been using the 9.5 alpha today and it hasn't crashed on me once yet. Its fast as usual with Opera, and seems pretty stable.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Opera 9.5 Alpha For Linux Released

For those using the Opera web browser, Opera 9.5 Alpha with a Linux binary has been released. The Opera 9 rendering engine has been rewritten for Opera 9.5 which resulted in several speed and memory enhancements, improved layout algorithm, a more responsive user interface, synchronization support with My Opera, full history search, and many more improvements.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjAyOA
          They've got some work to do with stability but it's a good release. I think there's reason to believe the new Opera is partially based on Gecko.

Comment

I like Opera and I like this release, but I'm waiting for the QT4 "weekly" now.

Comment

I'm not very fond of Opera, but it is good news to know that there is a Linux version of the new 9.5 alpha, the more people use the product, the more feedback, they'll get, and the more bugs will be fixed. Kudos to Opera for supporting Linux! (I know its been the case for some releases now, just wanted to point that out)

Comment

Working...
              X