Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    Hi, I'd suggest to open new bug reports for the three issues (missing overlay, wine crash and steam no longer launching) here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa

Eventually I could revert DRI3 enablement if it can't be fixed.
    Hi oibaf.I just opened a bug report here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=74508.I am very new to linux and bug reports and I don't know if I made it correctly.I think this problem is because of the last update,is there any way to downgrade to latest stable mesa version?Thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by celletus View Post
      Hi oibaf.I just opened a bug report here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=74508.I am very new to linux and bug reports and I don't know if I made it correctly.I think this problem is because of the last update,is there any way to downgrade to latest stable mesa version?Thank you very much.
      I'll disable dri3 tomorrow if there are no news. It should workaround this problem.

Comment

I'll disable dri3 tomorrow if there are no news. It should workaround this problem.
        Ok,thank you so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by celletus View Post
          Ok,thank you so much.
          Done already (package will be ready in a hour or less). Steam should fix their stuff to not embed libraries to properly fix this. Also note that since upcoming mesa 10.1 dri3 is enabled by default and must be explicitly disabled.

Comment

• Oibaf, can you remove the stats patches with your next build? I have gathered enough data (more than I expected, in fact), and additional submissions wouldn't be that useful.

Comment

Done already (package will be ready in a hour or less). Steam should fix their stuff to not embed libraries to properly fix this. Also note that since upcoming mesa 10.1 dri3 is enabled by default and must be explicitly disabled.
              Hi oibaf.Thank you very much,I made the update and now is working good.Will this dri3 come whit the next update? Should I disable the updates?What do you recomend.Thank you again for making this work.

Comment

• Oh and thanks! I couldn't have done this without you, most of the users who helped were using your ppa.

Comment

• @curaga: I disabled the stats branch (from next update). Thanks to you, looking forward to the results of your work!

@celletus: I'll leave dri3 disabled for some time, but Steam should find a way to make its software compatible with it.

Comment

• Do you think it would be possible to make a branch with mesa, libclc, etc. compiled with the llvm-3.5 dailies? Possibly Trusty? OpenCL support in Gallium is speeding along in development and there are more and more bugfixes and supported GPUs in the LLVM master branch every day. I have been compiling the past few oibaf releases with the llvm dailies, and it seems to work fine. The only thing I had to change (aside from editing the control and rules files to point to llvm/clang 3.5) was updating libclc to the latest git branch. They already provide packages for the llvm dailies, you can find them here: http://llvm-jenkins.debian.net/job/l...-saucy-source/

Comment

• llvmpipe instead of r600g driver

Hi,

Maybe a dumb question, but, from several weeks, I'm running in llvmpipe mode if using the lastest oibaf drivers.

If I go back to 2013-12-04 version, then it's running fine.

There is a verbose output of glxinfo :

LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo

name of display: :0
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
                      libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: drmPrimeHandleToFD)
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so
                      libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
                      libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                      libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
                      libGL error: driver pointer missing
                      libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                      libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
                      libGL: driver does not expose __driDriverGetExtensions_swrast(): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverGetExtensions_swrast
                      OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
                      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.4, 128 bits)
                      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.2.0-devel (git-6e8d04a trusty-oibaf-ppa)
                      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

I'm trying to figure out why "r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: drmPrimeHandleToFD".

I'm using a radeon hd 6950 with ubuntu 14.04 (the problem was already there with ubuntu 13.10).

I tried to narrow the problem a bit using "only" those old packages :

libegl1-mesa_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      libegl1-mesa-drivers_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      libgbm1_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      libgl1-mesa-dev_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      libgl1-mesa-dri_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      libgl1-mesa-glx_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      libgl1-mesa-glx_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_i386.deb
                      libglapi-mesa_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      libglapi-mesa_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_i386.deb
                      libopenvg1-mesa_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb
                      mesa-common-dev_10.1~git1312061805.758658~gd~s_amd64.deb

It's running fine with those. But I would like to understand why not with new ones...

I know that not every release is stable, but I tried a lot of versions between today and beginning of december 2013.

Maybe you can give me some hints to find what's going wrong.

Cheers,

Vincent

Comment

Working...
                      X