Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by blinxwang View Post
    As of the latest builds of the oibaf graphics stack, both Chrome and Chromium display flagrant graphical glitches whilst rendering pages; this occurs using the Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge drivers.

Any explanation as to why?
    Brandon sent this to me: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73978

kind of stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer via searching the www ...so, can I upgrade my current mesa/ati driver without rebooting my system? (I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 Gnome, if that matters)

Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    kind of stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer via searching the www ...so, can I upgrade my current mesa/ati driver without rebooting my system? (I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 Gnome, if that matters)
    You can update the ddx (x driver) and mesa without rebooting, you just have to stop X and 3D apps for the new versions to take effect. For kernel updates, you pretty much have to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I don't know why he thinks it is flash related. It happens also if one disables flash in chrome://plugins. Also, I was not aware there is a flash content in gmail.com and plus.google.com.

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    You can update the ddx (x driver) and mesa without rebooting, you just have to stop X and 3D apps for the new versions to take effect. For kernel updates, you pretty much have to reboot.
    ah, great thanks!

Eek! I just updated to the latest, and VMWare Player now black-screen glitches out on me shortly after my Windows 7 VM boots. I know the OS is running fine (sound fx, shutdown/startup screens, runs w/o hardware acceleration), I just can't see anything.

Anybody know what version was good (i.e. before the Chrome glitches)? And how to explicitly downgrade to that version?

these drivers are amazing! L4D2 is playing ultra smooth and about 3x as fast as catalyst with no mouse lag, vsync works where it did not before and amazingly AA now works which it did not before and the performance hit is nominal

however, after about 20 - 40mins of playing i am getting system lock ups. Is there any log i can post on here to help ?

stats-rebased needs... a rebase.

hello and thank you very much for your efforts and the great work oibaf.
    I am struggeling for few weeks now with getting hardware acceleration of my AMD HD7850 to work and finally installed your ppa on a fresh ubuntu 13.10 with kernel 3.13.
    beforehand I used fglrx but due to the bad xvba support I decided to switch back to radeon...

Code:
    ~$ uname -a
    Linux htpc 3.13.0-031300-generic #201401192235 SMP Mon Jan 20 03:36:48 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    unfortunately I am stuck on gallium
    Code:
    $ glxinfo |grep Open
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.4, 128 bits)
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-3f3aafb saucy-oibaf-ppa+curaga)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:
    my xserver is running but obviously without acceleration
    Code:
    (II) RADEON(0): GPU accel disabled or not working, using shadowfb for KMS
    I would appreciate if you find the problem, I have no more ideas...

thanks in advance,
    schnappi

Quote Originally Posted by schnappi View Post
    hello and thank you very much for your efforts and the great work oibaf.
    I am struggeling for few weeks now with getting hardware acceleration of my AMD HD7850 to work and finally installed your ppa on a fresh ubuntu 13.10 with kernel 3.13.
    beforehand I used fglrx but due to the bad xvba support I decided to switch back to radeon...

Code:
    ~$ uname -a
    Linux htpc 3.13.0-031300-generic #201401192235 SMP Mon Jan 20 03:36:48 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    unfortunately I am stuck on gallium
    Code:
    $ glxinfo |grep Open
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.4, 128 bits)
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-3f3aafb saucy-oibaf-ppa+curaga)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:
    my xserver is running but obviously without acceleration
    Code:
    (II) RADEON(0): GPU accel disabled or not working, using shadowfb for KMS
    I would appreciate if you find the problem, I have no more ideas...

thanks in advance,
    schnappi
    Did you properly fully remove all of fglrx? Did you remove the xorg.conf in /etc/X11?