2:DIS-Audio: :Pwr:0000:01:00.1

echo ON > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    does not work

echo DDIS > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    restart lightdm

lightdm does not restart
    I read this message: client refuse switch

is this a bug?
    Switching is done automatically on 3.13 and newer. The dGPU is automatically powered down when not in use. You can get the old manual behaviour back by booting with radeon.runpm=0 on the kernel command line in grub.

Comment

• Mesa is built on 14.04/trusty also, now.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        Mesa is built on 14.04/trusty also, now.
        Now also with DRI3 support and megadrivers using symlinks rather than hardlinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Now also with DRI3 support and megadrivers using symlinks rather than hardlinks.
          Can you please revert this. DRI3 prevents Valve games from launching (see earlier in this thread). Broken since November so don't expect a fix soon.

Luckily I haven't updated yet and I'll be staying on yesterdays version.

Comment

• Originally posted by elapsed View Post
            Can you please revert this. DRI3 prevents Valve games from launching (see earlier in this thread). Broken since November so don't expect a fix soon.

I thought this was fixed. Also it's only on 14.04, 13.10 is dri2 only, currently.

Comment

If you are on amd64 can you try installing libudev1:i386 and report if this fixes the issues with dri3 (suggested by Stefano)? If so I can add it as a dependency.

Comment

• I wouldn't know how to try dri3 to even test that.

Comment

I wouldn't know how to try dri3 to even test that.
                  With dri3 I mean the packages currently in 14.04 (dri3 enabled), which you supposed should have the problem. So:
                  - install the 14.04 updated dri3-enabled packages;
                  - try to reproduce the steam problem;
                  - if the problem appears install libudev1:i386 ;
                  - check again if the problem is fixed;

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    Switching is done automatically on 3.13 and newer. The dGPU is automatically powered down when not in use. You can get the old manual behaviour back by booting with radeon.runpm=0 on the kernel command line in grub.
                    I have 3.13 on Mint 16 and I don't think it works.

Comment

• I've been using Oibaf's PPA on Trusty since Trusty first came out without any problems. That issue with Source games and libudev was already fixed a while back in mesa. The bug was only in mesa, and since Oibaf ships the latest mesa for Trusty and Saucy, there is no problem at all. We just need Oibaf to push the xserver-xorg-video parts to Trusty and to update LLVM to LLVM 3.5 since I'm stuck on OpenGL 3.1 with my RadeonSI card until he does that.

Comment

Working...
                      X