Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Bridge, Corruption in Google Chrome

Has anyone noticed an issue with Google Chrome, and last mesa/drivers updates? This started happening today. Disabling hardware accelration works around the problem.
    GMAIL
    Phoronix

Comment

• Remove oibaf ppa from 12.04

Hello

I installed oibaf ppa on 12.04 some time ago. I spotted now it's not updated anymore.
      How to remove packages? ppa-purge does nothing.

Code:
      $ sudo ppa-purge ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
      Updating packages lists
      PPA to be removed: oibaf graphics-drivers
      Warning:  Could not find package list for PPA: oibaf graphics-drivers
      If i add oibaf ppa (add-apt-repository ppaibaf/graphics-drivers) nothing chages

Problem is that system takes this packages as locally installed.
      Synaptic would remove half of my system if i wanted to force other version.
      currently istalled version: 2.4.47+git1311070904.ebff7a~gd~p
      packages: xserver-xorg-[intel,ati,radeon,nouveau], libgl1-mesa[dev,dri,glx],libglm,libglapi-mesa,libgles2-mesa, libopenvg1-mesa,libxatracker1, mesa-common-dev

What else can I do?

Comment

• Originally posted by gsedej View Post
        Hello

I installed oibaf ppa on 12.04 some time ago. I spotted now it's not updated anymore.
        How to remove packages? ppa-purge does nothing.

Code:
        $ sudo ppa-purge ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
        Updating packages lists
        PPA to be removed: oibaf graphics-drivers
        Warning:  Could not find package list for PPA: oibaf graphics-drivers
        If i add oibaf ppa (add-apt-repository ppaibaf/graphics-drivers) nothing chages

Problem is that system takes this packages as locally installed.
        Synaptic would remove half of my system if i wanted to force other version.
        currently istalled version: 2.4.47+git1311070904.ebff7a~gd~p
        packages: xserver-xorg-[intel,ati,radeon,nouveau], libgl1-mesa[dev,dri,glx],libglm,libglapi-mesa,libgles2-mesa, libopenvg1-mesa,libxatracker1, mesa-common-dev

What else can I do?
        Code:
        sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:pali/graphics-drivers; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
        Pali handles the open source drivers for Ubuntu 12.04 now. If you upgrade to his PPA it should just replace the packages from Oibaf with his.

Comment

• The AA bug in Mesa has been patched and is in the latest packages in Oibaf's PPA. However, the issue with games using libudev.so like GoldSrc and Source games, the patch for that is still not mainlined into mesa yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
            Has anyone noticed an issue with Google Chrome, and last mesa/drivers updates? This started happening today. Disabling hardware accelration works around the problem.
            GMAIL
            Phoronix
            yeah, same here.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmstick View Post
              Code:
              sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oibaf*; sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:pali/graphics-drivers; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
              Pali handles the open source drivers for Ubuntu 12.04 now. If you upgrade to his PPA it should just replace the packages from Oibaf with his.
              Your solution wasn't perfect. Pali ppa didn't override oibaf's but then I coud use ppa-purge to purge (oibaf's) X-drivers.
              After purging I could use pali's ppa properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
                yeah, same here.
                In my case it seems that it happens only on sites which have some google fancy stuff, like youtube or hangouts. After I disabled chat in my mailbox, it doesn't happen any more in my gmail. First I found it strange it happens only with my private account, and not with my gapps for business. The difference is, I don't have hangouts there, but the old google chat.

On phoronix it happens only on pages with youtube (or whatever) links.

Comment

• The GoldSrc and Source games patch is now live in mesa: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...6c27c645cc710d

Now just to wait for oibaf to update the PPA and we can play games again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                    The GoldSrc and Source games patch is now live in mesa: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...6c27c645cc710d

Now just to wait for oibaf to update the PPA and we can play games again.
                    Just in time for the next automatic build -11mins .

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                      Just in time for the next automatic build -11mins .
                      Looks like that automatic build failed.

Comment

Working...
                      X