Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Won't it be enabled by default in 3.13 kernel? You can enabled it now with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet radeon.dpm=1" in " /etc/default/grub". Just remember to run "sudo update-grub" when you're done.
    I don't think Cayman, RS780, RS880, and maybe some old r600 parts have DPM enabled by default yet even in 3.13. Maybe by 3.14 it will be, but they seem to be focusing on the newer hardware first and working back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      Hmm, was just trying to install Steam, and got

I'm using Mint 16 and haven't seen this, but when I installed Steam I remember a complaint about S3TC support. Maybe that will help?

Code:
      sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0
      [ "$(uname -m)" = "x86_64" ] && sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        I'm using Mint 16 and haven't seen this, but when I installed Steam I remember a complaint about S3TC support. Maybe that will help?

Code:
        sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0
        [ "$(uname -m)" = "x86_64" ] && sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386
        No it wont, they have a dependency error relating to other packages. They have to correct the dependency issues manually and install libllvm3.4:i386 manually:

Code:
        apt-get install libllvm3.4:i386
        or aptitude instead of apt-get. Aptitude is better in dependency resolving IMO.

Comment

• Sorry to ask, but is there any real reason why there are every day 1 to 2 updates? does the mesa stuff really change that often?

Comment

• Originally posted by a user View Post
            Sorry to ask, but is there any real reason why there are every day 1 to 2 updates? does the mesa stuff really change that often?
            I set up a system that update every package up to two times a day if there are any changes. And yes, mesa changes often, you can see the log of the changes here:

Comment

• oh, ok. thanks for the info.

good to know, then i will pay more attention for known issues prior to updating.

Comment

• Including VAAPI intel driver?

I think it is also usefull to include the VAAPI driver for intel http://cgit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/intel-driver .

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirsty View Post
                  I think it is also usefull to include the VAAPI driver for intel http://cgit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/intel-driver .
                  Agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirsty View Post
                    I just backported the version in trusty 1.2.1-2 (building now).

Comment

• Updates

You may have noticed, other than the usual updates, I backported from Ubuntu 14.04 updated free codecs (opus and opus-tools, libvpx), s2tc fixing a bug, final llvm-3.4, intel-vaapi and, as a holiday present, supertuxkart 0.8.1.

Comment

Working...
                      X