Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kmod View Post
    Hello. After yesterday's update from the oibaf ppa Wine stopped working. Whenever I started a wine application xorg crashed and I got logged out of the desktop session to the log in screen. OS is Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit, DE is Unity and graphic card is Nvidia G105M. I think it may have to do with the removal of libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 in the update.

Thanks
    I have Mint 16 and experience issues with trying to play WoW through Wine. I have no problem with Steam Portal though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bajo View Post
      @pali: Thank you. I will try your ppa today and give you feedback about the progress.
      @pali: It took a little longer for me to reinstall 12.04 and test your ppa.
      It worked quite good, but ubuntu only has the old X-Server running (X.Org X Server 1.11.3 according to /var/log/Xorg.0.log).
      Therefore my problems remain the same:

Code:
      [     3.770] (EE) AIGLX error: i965 exports no extensions (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)
      [     3.771] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
      Could you add the X-Server itself in your ppa?
      This would help me, and most likely others with a Haswell processor, alot.

Thank you in advance.

bajo

Comment

• Is there such an updated repository for Debian Wheezy? I entered Pali's repository manually and many packages install, but some require llvm3.2, and Wheezy only has 3.1.

Comment

• Hi. I have a Radeon HD3200 mobile (r600 family, RS780). At the open the default graphics drivers to heat up. Performance is average. It makes sense to add the repo iobaf? temperatures drop? performance how it is?

Comment

• Llvm 3.4

I am now providing llvm 3.4-rc2 packages in the PPA, with mesa built against it. Radeonsi users should now get OpenGL 3+ rather than 2.1. Please test.

Comment

• Oibaf, what's your policy with non-upstream patches?

Comment

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Oibaf, what's your policy with non-upstream patches?
                What do you mean exactly? In the past I added some patches (e.g. NV_VDPAU_interop) or merged whole branches before they were merged. I can add something if it can be useful, it has low regression risk and and it isn't too intrusive.

Comment

• Thanks, that clarified it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    I am now providing llvm 3.4-rc2 packages in the PPA, with mesa built against it. Radeonsi users should now get OpenGL 3+ rather than 2.1. Please test.
                    Currently, I have kubuntu 13.10 and is pleasantly surprised by the improvement of performance.

ps: I have the default kernel. Do not hurt me change for example 3.13rc? I mean lower temperatures graphics. DPM is still medium terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post

Will test this weekend ion my hd7850. Excellent news.

Comment

Working...
                      X