No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did anybody managed to run the unigine demos on intel (haswell)?
    i still get the shader compile errors and hence the all white screen when the demos run.

Comment

• Originally posted by a user View Post
      did anybody managed to run the unigine demos on intel (haswell)?
      i still get the shader compile errors and hence the all white screen when the demos run.
      sorry, but does really nobody know something about the non compiling shaders on intel haswell (and as i heard also sandy) graphics with the unigen heaven 4.0 demo?

Comment

• Just wanna point out for people using these custom drivers and kernel 3.12 with hybrid graphics. Turns out it handles both graphic chips own it's own, but it does need a little help. My laptop says it's using discrete but it's really using the integrated graphics. To make sure an application like Steam uses the discrete, just put "DRI_PRIME=1 /usr/bin/Steam" and it'll use the more powerful GPU.

I also enabled the Radeon power management and getting good temps. Just go into /etc/default/grub and edit the line to look like this.

Code:
        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet radeon.dpm=1"
        Then run "sudo update-grub" and you'll have lower temps for your GPU, which is important for laptops.

Comment

• Originally posted by williammanda View Post
          What does this actually mean to a layman? I have a i5 2405s and the main use is mythtv.
          this means that someone has to write the code for compliance with a better opengl profile.
          i think the chances are bad that this will be happening

Comment

• intel member kayden finally lighted up things about the issue with shader compilation errors un unigine heaven 4.0 demo:

there is also a fix/workaround in the post that i tried and worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by pali View Post
              New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.

Thank you so much!!! Working great so far! I'll make sure to post here if I see anything unusual.

Comment

• Hello. After yesterday's update from the oibaf ppa Wine stopped working. Whenever I started a wine application xorg crashed and I got logged out of the desktop session to the log in screen. OS is Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit, DE is Unity and graphic card is Nvidia G105M. I think it may have to do with the removal of libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 in the update.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kmod View Post
                  Hello. After yesterday's update from the oibaf ppa Wine stopped working. Whenever I started a wine application xorg crashed and I got logged out of the desktop session to the log in screen. OS is Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit, DE is Unity and graphic card is Nvidia G105M. I think it may have to do with the removal of libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 in the update.

Thanks
                  Yes, Steam is now broken

Code:
                  Steam needs to install these additional packages: 
                          libgl1-mesa-dri:i386
                  [sudo] password for Q-Man: 
                  .................................................................................................................................
                  Reading package lists... Done
                  Building dependency tree       
                  Reading state information... Done
                  Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
                  requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
                  distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
                  or been moved out of Incoming.
                  The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
                   libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 : Depends: libllvm3.4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                  E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
                  Press return to continue:

Comment

• It's because of the llvm 3.4 enabling. I'll have a look at it next week.

Comment

• I disabled LLVM 3.4 to fix the problem. When Debian llvm 3.4 will be fixed I'll build mesa again with it. See here the Debian build status:
                      Last edited by oibaf; 30 November 2013, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X