Page 80 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Adobe flash does not make use of any hardware accelerated APIs by default. You can force flash to use VDPAU in some cases, but your chips does not have the necessary hardware to accelerate it.
    let's say that chips have this hardware. How to enable it?

Quote Originally Posted by Annik View Post
    let's say that chips have this hardware. How to enable it?
    IIRC, if you have vdpau driver support, edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and add

OverrideGPUValidation=1
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

@oibaf

I have an Lenovo T420 (Sandy Bridge HD 3000) Notebook.
    If i get the news on Phoronix correctly my notebook should show Opengl 3.3 or at least Opengl 3.2 Profile.
    But i only get one Opengl 3.1 Profile and below that an Opengl 3.0 Profile Output.

Im just using your ppa, no others. Where is the error (or is that as desired?)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Presidente View Post
    @oibaf

I have an Lenovo T420 (Sandy Bridge HD 3000) Notebook.
    If i get the news on Phoronix correctly my notebook should show Opengl 3.3 or at least Opengl 3.2 Profile.
    But i only get one Opengl 3.1 Profile and below that an Opengl 3.0 Profile Output.

Im just using your ppa, no others. Where is the error (or is that as desired?)
    This is probably because you are using the raring packages. I deleted them, now the only supported version is 13.10 saucy. Better to have only one supported version than supporting older buggy packages which I don't have time to test and maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    This is probably because you are using the raring packages. I deleted them, now the only supported version is 13.10 saucy. Better to have only one supported version than supporting older buggy packages which I don't have time to test and maintain.
    well im running saucy (13.10)
    shall i purge your repo and install again?

well im running saucy (13.10)
    shall i purge your repo and install again?
    Which xorg server are you running?
    Code:
    dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-core

ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server

here is the latest version of glxinfo (updated with your 2 hour old update)
    http://pastebin.com/kRg3hTPA

ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server
    It's the right version, no idea about the OpenGL version...

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    IIRC, if you have vdpau driver support, edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and add

OverrideGPUValidation=1
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    This works with youtube on my A8-5500/AMD 7560D (better than on nvidia ironically) but crashes the plugin on many (most) other sites (just as with nvidia before). The VDPAU implementation was a half assed effort by Adobe anyway.

PS. If you need specifically youtube hd, you are much better off with 3rd party youtube watchers (found in xbmc, umplayer etc) which support proper hardware accelerated playback.
    Also, in my experience the Firefox plugin works much better than the Google one (which doesnt seem to like any kind of hardware acceleration with radeon/mesa, be it 3d or 2d with mesa resulting in no webgl and tearing fullscreen playback).