Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Dzony.Kalafut View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the builds olibaf. even now that mesa is reporting gl 3.3 on iwy bridge, there is still something wrong with the intel graphics. I tried running Linux build of Doom 3 BFG and Unigine Heaven and in both cases shaders do not get compiled. I am currently doing some school work in LWJGL and my program that is using oppen gl 3.2 is not working with this build either.
    is this related to the issue i mentioned above?

i have the whole screen rendered in plain white when running the unigine demo/benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by a user View Post
    is this related to the issue i mentioned above?

i have the whole screen rendered in plain white when running the unigine demo/benchmark.
    yes i have white screen in unigine too. If you run it from terminal you can see shader compilation errors being printed out.

Only for fun.
    nothing serious.
    But I'm missing something here?

"...
    DISPLAY=:0.1 LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so firefox
    /bin/sh: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Dispatch
    ..."

"...
    nash@nash:~$ DRI_PRIME=1 VDPAU_DRIVER=radeonsi vdpauinfo
    display: :0 screen: 0
    EE ../../../../../../src/gallium/drivers/radeonsi/radeonsi_pipe.c:184 r600_create_context - Unsupported chip class 6.
    Segmentation fault
    nash@nash:~$ VDPAU_DRIVER=radeonsi DRI_PRIME=1 vdpauinfo
    display: :0 screen: 0
    EE ../../../../../../src/gallium/drivers/radeonsi/radeonsi_pipe.c:184 r600_create_context - Unsupported chip class 6.
    Segmentation fault
    ..."

Latest ubuntu 13.10 and oibaf ppa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzony.Kalafut View Post
    yes i have white screen in unigine too. If you run it from terminal you can see shader compilation errors being printed out.
    oh, indeed

Updated but not much changed on my side :

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL context flags: (none)
    OpenGL extensions:

but might be related either to the distribution (mint15) or the hardware (hd3000).
    Does anyone else have hd3000 running properly on openGL3.2 ?
    L.

For those with white screen issues: I'd be very interested, if it works with my mesa packages from https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/test

They are built with llvm-3.4 and also include DRI3 support. Raring and Saucy packages available.

Quote Originally Posted by wsnipex View Post
    For those with white screen issues: I'd be very interested, if it works with my mesa packages from https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/test

They are built with llvm-3.4 and also include DRI3 support. Raring and Saucy packages available.
    Hi,

I just tried packages from your ppa and results are the same as with olibafs ppa. Shaders are still not getting compiled. I don't know if some parts needed by mesa are still missing or there is some problem with intel drivers. Does anyone got opengl 3.2 working with ati or nvidia card and mesa 10?

The latest intel drivers are causing frequent (albeit brief) compositor lockups on Sandy Bridge ... I think there was a regression, this hasn't happened to me in close to a year.

Quote Originally Posted by wsnipex View Post

do you suggest using it instead of oibaf's ppa or in addition to it?
    i ask because you don't seem to have a needed new xserver package, only mesa and the device drivers.

has anybody with an intel (especially with an haswell) been able to properly run the current unigine demos?

The white and messed up screen also happens with Metro: Last Light. Any idea how to fix that on HD 4000?