No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server

Comment

• here is the latest version of glxinfo (updated with your 2 hour old update)
      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
        ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server
        It's the right version, no idea about the OpenGL version...

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          IIRC, if you have vdpau driver support, edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and add

OverrideGPUValidation=1
          EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
          This works with youtube on my A8-5500/AMD 7560D (better than on nvidia ironically) but crashes the plugin on many (most) other sites (just as with nvidia before). The VDPAU implementation was a half assed effort by Adobe anyway.

PS. If you need specifically youtube hd, you are much better off with 3rd party youtube watchers (found in xbmc, umplayer etc) which support proper hardware accelerated playback.
          Also, in my experience the Firefox plugin works much better than the Google one (which doesnt seem to like any kind of hardware acceleration with radeon/mesa, be it 3d or 2d with mesa resulting in no webgl and tearing fullscreen playback).

Comment

• I was very sad to see that you dropped support for Precise but I can understand how the backports were a huge additional overhead. I am wondering, though: Is there any way to get the latest Precise packages you still backported or are they gone forever? (I had updated my system with your PPA in mid-october but disabled the PPA after that. I'd love to be able to get the latest Mesa build that still supported Precise).

Thanks again for all your effort!

Comment

• Well, I found the reason of no cursor in 3D-things I wrote before. It was a MATE. In Unity is everything is ok. But what the hack just happened after two last updates? Performance reduced (5000fps vs 1800fps on glxgears). And permanently blinking mouse cursor. And no cursor in 3D again. May be asking in the wrong thread, but how can I downgrade drivers?

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                It's the right version, no idea about the OpenGL version...
                I too have this issue. Running HD 3000 sandy bridge on 13.10 saucy, but no OpenGL 3.3:

OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
                OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
                OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
                OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

$ dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-core

Comment

• Originally posted by jayman488 View Post
                  I too have this issue. Running HD 3000 sandy bridge on 13.10 saucy, but no OpenGL 3.3:

OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
                  OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
                  OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
                  OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

$ dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-core
                  i spoke with Paul Berry last night on irc and he told he that geometry shaders are not done yet on sandy bridge.

so it is unfortunately working correct

Comment

• I'm very unhappy that all precise deb packages were totally removed. Ubuntu precise is LTS release supported by 2017. Because of that now I'm preparing new PPA repository for daily precise builds. But instead of creating dsc packages locally, I will use launchpad recipes and launchpad mirror vcs support, so everything will be created and compiled automatically on launchpad server. When PPA is ready I will write. Later (in december) I maybe look at radeonsi support...

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
                      i spoke with Paul Berry last night on irc and he told he that geometry shaders are not done yet on sandy bridge.

so it is unfortunately working correct
                      What does this actually mean to a layman? I have a i5 2405s and the main use is mythtv.

Comment

Working...
                      X