Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7790 difficulties

Hi all - first, thanks to oibaf for this ppa saucy. This should be very convenient. I am having no success though. I added the repo and used the update program. No complaints from ubuntu during the update.

vdpauinfo:
    display: :0.0 screen: 0
    Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Error creating VDPAU device: 1

glxinfo:
    name of display: :0.0
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

dmesg | grep UVD
    [ 4.338311] [drm] UVD initialized successfully.

This page on the RadeonDriver does not mention Bonaire -> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver. Is it possible that it is not being picked up?

cat vdpau_wrapper.cfg:
    enable_flash_uv_swap=1
    disable_flash_pq_bg_color=1

Any tips? I haven't fault-found this very helpfully, I suspect. What else should I provide?

Comment

• Version Problems

Thank you for updating the PPA. However, It looks like the version numbers being reported are not correct in this build:
      Code:
      STDERR redirected to file
      Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
      Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Desktop x86/MMX/SSE2
      OpenGL version: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-b16b3c8 saucy-oibaf-ppa)
      GLSL version: 1.30
      Using GLEW 1.6.0
      Loading shader resources/shaders/skyBox.frag

0:2(10): error: GLSL 1.50 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

0:2(10): error: GLSL 1.50 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

error: linking with uncompiled shadererror: linking with uncompiled shader
      I was looking forward to using the GLSL 1.5 support that comes with Mesa 10's OpenGL 3.2 and 3.3 support.

It looks like this commit to the Mesa git repo should have enabled GLSL 1.50:
      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...13e160b731d986

GLSL 3.30 was also enabled:
      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...9dfd5ed59d21fc

The documentation was also updated to indicate support:
      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...d98810aed37193

Comment

• Dont think thats the problem

Everything installed ok, it was when i went to remove it the problems started, something about "unable find archive package for Olivia...."

whch may indicate that obiaf does not support Mint...all i am asking is how to get the "stock" drivers back???

thanks

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        I think it should work, cause Mint is really just Ubuntu. Mostly Ubuntu. My only problem is getting sound working through HDMI.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxHammer View Post
          Everything installed ok, it was when i went to remove it the problems started, something about "unable find archive package for Olivia...."

whch may indicate that obiaf does not support Mint...all i am asking is how to get the "stock" drivers back???

thanks
          I've never tried to uninstall the drivers, but they do work fine for me on Mint 15.

Comment

• Oh Well....

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            I've never tried to uninstall the drivers, but they do work fine for me on Mint 15.
            48 hours later i gave up..switched over to kubuntu now i am back to where i was, before mesa 10, everything working and i have open gl 3.0 and 60fps

on a side note i did manage to downgrade the drivers to mesa 9.21xxx whatever, but while doing so, aptitude kept warning me about my kde libraries and such and how they were not meeting requirements for downgrading ??? anyway downgrading basically broke my kde desktop... i had to re-install kde-full, kde-plasma-workspaces, etc manually using aptitude, sort of worked, but my system was still using libvmpipe software gl renderer???

so, know on to my third linux distro (kubuntu) in as many a months, thats one way to learn linux!

Love this KDE desktop, so many options!

L8

Comment

• Bonaire problems

Hi again, following up on my last post. My 7790 with Mesa 10 does not have vdpau active. This is an up to date Saucy system wi.

I've confirmed that I have all the relevant Oibaf packages up to date. vdpauinfo and glxinfo are firmly uninformative. e.g.
              e.g. $vdpauinfo
              display: :0.0 screen: 0
              Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file:

$glxinfo
              name of display: :0.0

Something is up with glamor:
              e.g. $Xorg.0.log | grep glamor ->
              [ 10.065] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
              [ 10.120] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
              [ 10.335] (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context
              [ 10.335] (II) UnloadModule: "glamoregl"
              [ 10.335] (II) Unloading glamoregl
              [ 10.335] (EE) Failed to load module "glamoregl" (loader failed, 7)
              [ 10.396] (WW) RADEON(0): glamor requires Load "glamoregl" in Section "Module", disabling.

This might be a better look at it:
              $ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE
              (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
              [ 10.065] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
              [ 10.335] (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context
              [ 10.335] (EE) Failed to load module "glamoregl" (loader failed, 7)
              [ 10.338] (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context
              [ 10.338] (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (loader failed, 7)
              [ 10.339] (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)
              [ 10.376] (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)

Comment

• Thanks a lot for all your work with your ppa. I am wondering what happened to the vdpau support on 12.04. Few weeks ago it worked well, but for some time all I got was a white screen in xbmc. Is it going to be fixed?

Comment

• Hi , pretty much same question here about openGL 3.2 support for intel.
                  I'm running mint 15 on a dell N5110 with nvidia and hd3000 (i915?) , my test base is fabric engine to see whether intel can be in a short time a good replacement for more expensive nvidia laptops.

I've installed the ppa, and then done the dist-update.
                  The driver seems installed properly as when I type glxinfo, this is what I get :

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
                  OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
                  OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-2f89662 raring-oibaf-ppa)
                  OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                  OpenGL context flags: (none)
                  OpenGL extensions:

The Version though seems fixed to 3.0 and this gets reported by fabric as well when I try to run a demo:
                  [FABRIC:MT:Viewport_RenderSequenceDataDGNode:update RenderSequenceData] Disabling OpenGL rendering: Creation Platform requires at least OpenGL 3.2, and the curreng OpenGL version is 3.0 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-2f89662 raring-oibaf-ppa)

I've been trying also to install the experimental one too, hoping for some improvements, but i can't see any /usr/lib/dri-alternates file or folder after installing them.

If there's any more information I can provide just let me know , thanks.
                  L.

Comment

• I feel some disturbance in the FORCE;;;

"...
                    AIGLX error: i965 exports no extensions (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions
                    From latest oibaf and saucy repos...

Comment

• problem with glxinfo

glxinfo not listed core profiles, i think is a error from glxinfo and not from drivers

Comment

Working...
                      X