No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By now everyone should have moved to Ubuntu 11.04 (natty). Since maintaining packages for older Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) requires some extra time, unless someone is really interested (i.e. can support it with a generous donation ) I'll no longer update them.

Comment

Originally posted by bongmaster2
      you need to build a new 32 bit mesa then. ia32libs are quite old
      Yeah, I'm still searching a ppa with updated ia32-libs, unfortunately I still didn't found one
      Even gentoo doesn't still have a viable solution to get latest 32 bit graphical stack (the ebuilds from multilib-overlay are quite old and do not work anymore).
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

How are the intel drivers compared to them shipped with ubuntu 11.04?
        I have a lot of problems with unity and the intel drivers, like tv-out does not work etc.

Comment

Rebuild ia32-libs and mesa

Blah, the ia32-libs and mesa-32bit were the problem. A rebuild on both helped immensely. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
            How are the intel drivers compared to them shipped with ubuntu 11.04?
            I have a lot of problems with unity and the intel drivers, like tv-out does not work etc.
            Which problem do you have exactly? Did you already do a search on fdo bugzilla? https://bugs.freedesktop.org/query.cgi

Comment

Compiz problems

Is anyone else having problems running compiz since the updates from yesterday? I am also having problems with the xorg-edgers ppa.

Comment

Originally posted by p_johno View Post
                Is anyone else having problems running compiz since the updates from yesterday? I am also having problems with the xorg-edgers ppa.
                I haven't been able to really run these since being on natty because of compiz issues, I haven't tried every update though

Comment

I take it back, just installed the latest and seems to be running just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    right now your ppa only produce software rendering in hon for me...

whats wrong?

(edit)

gl info shows galium mesa rendering but hon lags very hard.. can not play with that config..
                    Do other games works fine?

Comment

Hi oibaf.

I'm a Thinkpad X120e (Radeon HD 6310) user working with your packages on Oneiric.
                      https://launchpad.net/~tista/+archive/x120e
                      and today, i've updated your latest:
                      Code:
                       7.11.0~git1106281542.de33b0~gd~n
                      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe
                      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11-devel (git-de33b0d natty-oibaf-ppa)
                      then X120e had failed to kick any 3D desktop... the previous 7.11.0~git1106221745.eb2c9b~gd~n were OK. so I had to rollback them.
                      and Xorg.0.log says here when I used your latest:
                      http://paste.ubuntu.com/634767/

remember well, the previous said:
                      Code:
                      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on PALM
                      do you have any ideas to solve it?

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                      X