Page 56 of 138 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    Can I somehow grab spec packages/files for raring? (So that I can change/adjust it for 13.10)
    Download source package (tar.gz) from PPA and look for the "debian" directory.

Question libwayland-egl.so not compiled in git-e8d8974

Hi everyone,

First of all, Fabio, let me thank you for your wonderful ppa archive. It's a really nice help.

I just wanted to point out that in the last build (git-e8d8974 raring-oibaf-ppa) it seems that libwayland-egl.so did not get compiled (seems like it was specifically excluded since I seen some places where "EGL: No" is stated in the build log https://launchpadlibrarian.net/14717...LOADING.txt.gz). Beginning with KDE 4.11 (or at least with kubuntu ppa's 4.11 builds) libwayland-egl.so is needed by KDE (kwin) in order to start and thus the absence of this lib renders the KDE desktop almost useless (desktop, kicker and windows show, but there are no menus nor window titles). This lib was compiled and shipped with the git-7568a89 raring-oibaf-ppa build.

Is there currently any problem with this lib? Could it be built in the next build so KDE 4.11 can properly work?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Josť

Default Wayland

I disabled Wayland because current Mesa now requires Wayland 1.2 ( http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...d6748ff006f0cb ), while Ubuntu has 1.1. If and when 1.2 is in Debian ( http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/wayland ) and if it's backward compatible with its deps I can backport it in the PPA and enable again libwayland-egl.

oibaf, there's an update to linux-firmware (1.113) that adds some firmware for kabini/bonaire radeons. I've found it can be done with one command (after you install ubuntu-dev-tools package):

Code:
    backportpackage -r -y -u <yourppaname> -d raring -s saucy linux-firmware

Hi, Fabio. It seems that wayland 1.2 is already available at Rico Tzschichholz's ppa: https://launchpad.net/~ricotz/+archive/testing. Just pointing it out in case you were not aware.

Regards,

Josť

@DanL: I'll backport 1.113 from saucy, thanks. I know backportpackage, I am using a patched version of it for all backported packages in my PPA, I also filed some bug report about it.

@jsa1983: thanks, I'll look at what I can do as soon as I have some time.

ran into the libwayland-egl.so problem as kubuntu just updated to 4.11

If you got hit by the KDE 4.11 problem you'll probably have to revert to vanilla kubuntu (KDE 4.10). However, purging the kubuntu beta ppa packages (
    Code:
    ppa-purge ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
    ) does not work 100% straight with ppa-purge (it leaves you with unresolved dependencies and thus you cannot install KDE 4.10). After ppa-purge I had to do
    Code:
    dpkg -l | grep 13.04 | grep ppa
    in order to identify all the kubuntu ppa packages and delete all of them before installing KDE 4.10. It's easy but takes some time. If you have to do this, ensure that you have a working network connection before doing the ppa-purge.

Regards,

Josť

I updated linux-firmware and looked at wayland issue. With wayland 1.2.0 it builds fine but it's not clear if with 1.1.0 should build fine or not. I opened a mesa bug report if there are no news I'll upload wayland 1.2.0 in the PPA and reenable it in mesa.

I agree the D3D 9 state tracker would be nice.

New mesa have a strange bug for me.., I use a apu a8 5600 k, radeon 7650d.

Molto strano..