X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates

It's been awhile since the last status update so here it is:

Mesa
    • nouveau Gallium3d driver now installed in the default libgl1-mesa-dri package - no need to install libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental anymore
    • added VDPAU and XvMC support (pipe-video branch) for r300/r600/nouveau drivers in the libg3dvl-mesa package
    • 2D/Xv/3D support for AMD Radeon HD 6950/6970 Cayman graphics cards
    • Ivybridge support
    • r300g bug fixes
    • other crash fixes (especially llvm related)

EDIT: VDPAU and XvMC are also supported on r300 now! Unfortunately XvMC doesn't work (myssing symbol) and VDPAU is slower than Xv.
    Last edited by oibaf; 31 May 2011, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Just want to say thanks for these packages! Makes it's much easier to get the latest (which also happen to fix a couple of bugs I had with default Ubuntu packages) drivers.

I'm using a Radeon 9550, which is RV350 based with a slower clock than other cards (I wanted something passively cooled and wasn't too fussed about 3D at the time), and thanks to VDPAU, I can now watch 720p video without too many problems!

Edit: OTOH that may be due to using mplayer instead of VLC...
      Last edited by tom.higgy; 31 May 2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom.higgy View Post
        Just want to say thanks for these packages! Makes it's much easier to get the latest (which also happen to fix a couple of bugs I had with default Ubuntu packages) drivers.
        Thanks

I'm using a Radeon 9550, which is RV350 based with a slower clock than other cards (I wanted something passively cooled and wasn't too fussed about 3D at the time), and thanks to VDPAU, I can now watch 720p video without too many problems!

Edit: OTOH that may be due to using mplayer instead of VLC...
        Interesting, I tested mplayer also. Maybe VPDAU/XvMC is faster than Xv when using a "slow" CPU and a "fast" GPU. Anyway this is still initial r300 support so it may improve later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          hi now with my hd4770 and your "oibaf" ppa heroes of newerth works perfect with the radeon driver

my last try with an hd5670 fail completely.

i think the r600g radeon driver is much better on hd4000 cards than hd5000 cards-.
          It is, or at least was, working fine on my 5670. Do file bug reports.

Comment

Package Tags

Forgive my stupidity, but what's the difference between the ~m/~n tags on the package names?

Comment

~maverick and ~natty

Comment

D'oh!

Originally posted by runeks View Post
                ~maverick and ~natty
                Ah. Thanks.
                *puts on dunce cap*

Comment

Some updates

xf86-video-ati
                  • Llano support, r600 KMS Color Tiling enabled by default

mesa
                  • Llano support, r600g improvements, anisotropic filtering extension for softpipe
                  • Re-enabled shared glapi now that bug #36282 is fixed
                  • I am now compiling mesa with -Os rather than -O2. With some quick tests I didn't noticed any performance drops and it provides much smaller binaries (I may get back to -O2 if someone finds problems).
                  • also note that vdpau/xvmc are currently disabled since pipe-video branch conflicts with master branch (I'll re-enable once this is fixed)

libdrm
                  • updated to 2.4.26

Comment

Weird Error with radeon driver.

Specs: Mobile Radeon HD 5870 on Linux Mint 11 with Linux 2.6.39 from ppa.

Anyone else getting this? This is a 32bit program using ia32libs.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSilver View Post

Specs: Mobile Radeon HD 5870 on Linux Mint 11 with Linux 2.6.39 from ppa.

Anyone else getting this? This is a 32bit program using ia32libs.
                      Maybe it's this bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38270

Comment

Working...
                      X