Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by linuxforall View Post
    xswat ppa has the latest intel-vaapi driver version 1.19, would truly appreciate if this can be ported to the ppa as I would really not like to add another ppa related to video stack.

TIA
    I tried backporting it but it fails to build: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/12416...TOBUILD.txt.gz

libva also fails: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/12416...TOBUILD.txt.gz

I have no time to debug this now.

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I tried backporting it but it fails to build: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/12416...TOBUILD.txt.gz

libva also fails: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/12416...TOBUILD.txt.gz

I have no time to debug this now.

Thanks I added the x-swat ppa and both files updated so they are working alongside your drivers without any issues.

They are provided here for testing purpose only, anyway.

Exclamation [GM45] Non-responsive desktop on logging in with SNA enabled

Hello oibaf, I am facing issues with packages from this ppa on my Core2Duo laptop with SNA (enabled via xorg.conf). On logging in from lightdm, the desktop appears with:
    1. A 'foggy' unity bar (the effect is similar to 'Aero Basic' on Windows where transparency is not supported)
    2. A blank notification area (no icons, clock or session-indicator)

At this point, the entire desktop is frozen (but I can move my mouse) and I have to do a hard reboot.

System specs:
    • Intel Core2Duo processor, Intel 4 series chipset, GM45 Graphics
    • Fully updated Ubuntu 12.10 AMD64

Everything seems to work fine with UXA. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by slander View Post
    Hello oibaf, I am facing issues with packages from this ppa on my Core2Duo laptop with SNA (enabled via xorg.conf). On logging in from lightdm, the desktop appears with:
    1. A 'foggy' unity bar (the effect is similar to 'Aero Basic' on Windows where transparency is not supported)
    2. A blank notification area (no icons, clock or session-indicator)

At this point, the entire desktop is frozen (but I can move my mouse) and I have to do a hard reboot.

System specs:
    • Intel Core2Duo processor, Intel 4 series chipset, GM45 Graphics
    • Fully updated Ubuntu 12.10 AMD64

Everything seems to work fine with UXA. Please help!
    1. SNA is disabled by default for a reason .
    2. File a bug as detailed in the first post if you want to see it fixed .

Default Major bug.

Sadly, I am experimenting a major bug.

Until two weeks ago I was enjoying your improved drivers but I updated the drivers and all my screen is bugged (there are black stripes in the applications and graphical errors).

I experiment this bug only in a pc that has an AMD HD4890 graphics (r770). With an HD5750 and with an intel graphics all is ok.

I hope you could help me. Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by rreina View Post
    Sadly, I am experimenting a major bug.

Until two weeks ago I was enjoying your improved drivers but I updated the drivers and all my screen is bugged (there are black stripes in the applications and graphical errors).

I experiment this bug only in a pc that has an AMD HD4890 graphics (r770). With an HD5750 and with an intel graphics all is ok.

I hope you could help me. Thank you in advance!
    Open a bug here:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Thank you, I'll try to do that. The problem is I'm not sure if my graphic card hd4890 uses mesa drivers, radeon, radeonhd, xf86-video-ati...
    I'm lost and there is no component in the combo box to refer r700 graphic cards.

Could you help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by rreina View Post
    Thank you, I'll try to do that. The problem is I'm not sure if my graphic card hd4890 uses mesa drivers, radeon, radeonhd, xf86-video-ati...
    I'm lost and there is no component in the combo box to refer r700 graphic cards.

Could you help me with that?
    Run:
    Code:
    glxgears -info
    if you see mesa somewhere you will know this is the right place, the select Drivers/Gallium/r600 in the combo box. And anyway I am distributing only mesa drivers.

Hi,

I have been using your ppa on Ubuntu 12.04 and it has been great. Thanks for the effort. But after today's upgrade I can longer start Unity 3d or Gnome-Shell. As a result I purged the ppa and it is back to normal. Please look into it, thanks.