Page 43 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1254

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Yes, I am just providing the -intel default here, no SNA forcing.
    Thank you, so I presume its safe to enable it via xorg, if so how can we disable vsync to get glxgears to do more than 60fps?

  2. #422
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    353

    Default

    I think you can just disable GLXVBlank in xorg.conf (Option "GLXVBlank" "False"), which is probably in the Device section.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertP View Post
    I think you can just disable GLXVBlank in xorg.conf (Option "GLXVBlank" "False"), which is probably in the Device section.
    Thanks will give that a try.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linuxforall View Post
    Thank you, so I presume its safe to enable it via xorg, if so how can we disable vsync to get glxgears to do more than 60fps?
    You can disable it with .drirc file in your home
    <driconf>
    <device screen="0" driver="dri2">
    <application name="Default">
    <option name="vblank_mode" value="0" />
    </application>
    </device>
    </driconf>

    Consider vblank_mode option 0 or 1 disable vblank, 2 or 3 enable it; you need to reboot after the configuration of .drirc file.

    by

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dentaku65 View Post
    You can disable it with .drirc file in your home
    <driconf>
    <device screen="0" driver="dri2">
    <application name="Default">
    <option name="vblank_mode" value="0" />
    </application>
    </device>
    </driconf>

    Consider vblank_mode option 0 or 1 disable vblank, 2 or 3 enable it; you need to reboot after the configuration of .drirc file.

    by
    Thanks.

    Will give this a try, so far xorg edit seems to be holding.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Any chance for this ppa to host the latest released intel-vaapi driver 1.19, it has many improvements over the one thats included in Ubuntu 12.10, that one is version 1.17

    Thanks.

  7. #427

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by linuxforall View Post
    Any chance for this ppa to host the latest released intel-vaapi driver 1.19, it has many improvements over the one thats included in Ubuntu 12.10, that one is version 1.17

    Thanks.
    I can easily backport 1.19 as soon as it's in Debian, currently still at 1.17: http://packages.debian.org/source/si...l-vaapi-driver

    If you care you may ask the Debian maintainer to update to 1.19.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I can easily backport 1.19 as soon as it's in Debian, currently still at 1.17: http://packages.debian.org/source/si...l-vaapi-driver

    If you care you may ask the Debian maintainer to update to 1.19.
    Thank you very much, it would be really nice.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    294

    Exclamation Gave it a try again and... hmm?

    I gave it a try again. Unsuccess: with Radeon driver on HD5770 I got mixed results. While some loads are really faster, better and so on, in Xonotic it got horribly broken. While usual FPS is about matching with screen FPS, it can drop as bad as 2FPS on some scenes. Which makes xonotic really unplayable.

    So I had to revert this driver to stock. Probably it haves something to do with these tests and these patches. Looks like I got hit by the very same problem during test run.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    xswat ppa has the latest intel-vaapi driver version 1.19, would truly appreciate if this can be ported to the ppa as I would really not like to add another ppa related to video stack.

    TIA

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •