Page 27 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1304

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Version 8.1~git1202111943.c565ff~gd with that change is building now. Let me know what you get so that I can eventually revert it.
    downloaded and tested ok. i will not update my system for a while

    i hope that developer will not ask me to test any more workaround

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Hi, multiarch version (i386) of your packages on x86_64 system not working. Here is ouput from i386 glxinfo:

    Code:
    $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./glxinfo
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: radeon_surface_init)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_enable_imaging_extensions)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
    ...
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x209)
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-c565ff6 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
    ...
    I have correctly installed both 64 and 32bit packages, 64bit version working, but 32bit not.

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default

    the drivers wont work on precise anymore, cause they depend on the virtual package xorg-video-abi-11
    but the xserver on xorg-edgers only provides xorg-video-abi-12 and 16

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown2 View Post
    downloaded and tested ok. i will not update my system for a while

    i hope that developer will not ask me to test any more workaround
    Hi oibaf.

    the developer provide a fix now.

    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...31cd66d1b53e23
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45880

    Can you rollback the virtual address workaround and merge the fix? thank you

  5. #265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pali View Post
    Hi, multiarch version (i386) of your packages on x86_64 system not working. Here is ouput from i386 glxinfo:

    Code:
    $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./glxinfo
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: radeon_surface_init)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_enable_imaging_extensions)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
    ...
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x209)
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-c565ff6 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
    ...
    I have correctly installed both 64 and 32bit packages, 64bit version working, but 32bit not.
    Does reverting to official ubuntu packages work?

  6. #266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by questioneer View Post
    the drivers wont work on precise anymore, cause they depend on the virtual package xorg-video-abi-11
    but the xserver on xorg-edgers only provides xorg-video-abi-12 and 16
    Updated packages are building now, try in a hour.

  7. #267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown2 View Post
    Hi oibaf.

    the developer provide a fix now.

    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...31cd66d1b53e23
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45880

    Can you rollback the virtual address workaround and merge the fix? thank you
    Updated packages are building now, try in a hour.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Updated packages are building now, try in a hour.
    thanl a lot. i will report to upstream developer

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I just updated today, and I too notice the i386 package not working on an x86_64 system. Same output from i386 glxinfo...

    Quote Originally Posted by pali View Post
    Hi, multiarch version (i386) of your packages on x86_64 system not working. Here is ouput from i386 glxinfo:

    Code:
    $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./glxinfo
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: radeon_surface_init)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_enable_imaging_extensions)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
    ...
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x209)
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-c565ff6 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
    ...
    I have correctly installed both 64 and 32bit packages, 64bit version working, but 32bit not.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown2 View Post
    thanl a lot. i will report to upstream developer
    the developer provide another fix. Can you merge it? thank you.

    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45880
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...8b3ca4c58076be

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •