Page 19 of 125 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1248

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iznogood View Post
    Hi, i just updated to your ppa because i want to use software rendering with llvm.
    I downgraded from xorg edgers and installed your packages on 11.10.

    The system is still using the old software rasterizer. What am i doing wrong ?

    Thanks in advance
    sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental

    then

    LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/(x86_64-linux-gnu or i386-linux-gnu)/dri-alternates yourappname

    most likely. That's how you use it with xorg-edgers

  2. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iznogood View Post
    Hi, i just updated to your ppa because i want to use software rendering with llvm.
    I downgraded from xorg edgers and installed your packages on 11.10.

    The system is still using the old software rasterizer. What am i doing wrong ?

    Thanks in advance
    It should indeed be installed in the default libgl1-mesa-dri package. Can you post the output of:
    Code:
    LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alazar View Post
    I've translated the remove dependencies strings (it was in Spanish).
    The problem is caused by aptitude. It doesn't yet really handle multiarch well and breaks down when touching packages that have multiple versions installed. Unfortunately it seems like ppa-purge uses aptitude and there's no configuration to change the behaviour.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    i report a bug upstream

    upstream developer recommend to test a fix (ait r600g). http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/016612.html

    is it included in this ppa already?

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    i submit bug report upstream and those developer tell me fix available

    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/016612.html

    How long will it take for this kind of patch to include in this ppa so that i can test for the developer?

  6. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown2 View Post
    i submit bug report upstream and those developer tell me fix available

    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/016612.html

    How long will it take for this kind of patch to include in this ppa so that i can test for the developer?
    Hey, that patch was just merged 3 hours ago

    I pushed the update now, it should build in an hour.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Hey, that patch was just merged 3 hours ago

    I pushed the update now, it should build in an hour.
    this is very fast

    thank you very much. i cannot test the patch without your help, building mesa from git+merging patch is too difficult for me

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown2 View Post
    this is very fast

    thank you very much. i cannot test the patch without your help, building mesa from git+merging patch is too difficult for me
    yes! i installed the files 1 second ago.

    i think open-source is all about speed faster patch faster testing faster results faster optimisations faster bug-hunt faster bug-fixing and faster development.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown2 View Post
    this is very fast

    thank you very much. i cannot test the patch without your help, building mesa from git+merging patch is too difficult for me
    the bug is fixed. i will report to upstream developer

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    231

    Default

    After a recent update, when attemping to start VirtualBox (in Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit), I get the following error:

    Code:
    VirtualBox: supR3HardenedMainGetTrustedMain: dlopen("/usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.so",) failed: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: xcb_glx_set_client_info_2arb

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •