Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    That's the latest natty kernel, but that bug may be fixed in a later kernel. Try compiling yourself latest 2.6.39.x (there are no newer kernel on http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ for natty) or try upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 (ships a 3.0.x kernel).
    I updated to 3.0 and now textures are fine. Speed is bad (caa 1fps) and there are some problems with shading, but it at least work
    I uploaded screenshots, but i had problems with capturing.

(and output http://pastebin.com/qAcrn2Um)
    Any idea about odd shading in images (ignore tearing, it's only in screenshot)?

btw I opened bug on https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41744

Comment

• I am only interested in GPU decoding.
      Now i have a problem to compile mplayer from svn.
      I tried to see the files but has problems with ffmpeg12vdpau on the images.
      My pc is ati 785g+ athlon II dualcore 2700 mhz.

Comment

• Some news:
        • I pushed updated libdrm, ati, nouveau and intel drivers for oneiric;
        • finally mesa uses -fno-builtin-memcmp by default, so I no longer need to add it in my PPA;
        • there is no more need to specify the env variable VDPAU_DRIVER to use vdpau, just select vdpau in your player (e.g. with mplayer: mplayer -vo vdpau yourvideofile).

Comment

• Its clear that you need a vc override too or not? For mpeg2 you need:

-vc ffmpeg12vdpau

you can add a "," when you put it in .mplayer/config to use the fallback for all other codecs. btw -vo vdpau is the default anyway.

Comment

• -vo vdpau is indeed the default, good to know.

Anyway the point here was that you no longer need to specify the vdpau driver name (see this commit: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...b76b60be8bdd8e)

Comment

• Perfect.
              The video mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau works good with amd 5450
              The same video with amd 785 igp works bad :-(

example

same problem
              Last edited by Vincenzov; 21 October 2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Multiarch not working with the libtxc-dxtn0? I can only install i386 or amd64 but not both.

Btw, there's multiarch packaged wine here: https://launchpad.net/~alexandre-mon...hive/winepulse

Comment

• all day i see update :-) thanks
                  but

mplayer xvmc have problem

/media/sda3$ ./mplayer -vo xvmc prova.mp2
                  ./mplayer: Symbol `ff_codec_bmp_tags' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
                  MPlayer SVN-r33713-4.6.1 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
                  mplayer: could not connect to socket
                  mplayer: No such file or directory
                  Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing prova.mp2.
                  AVI file format detected.
                  [aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
                  [aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
                  VIDEO: [] 720x480 24bpp 29.970 fps 6995.1 kbps (853.9 kbyte/s)
                  Clip info:
                  Software: MEncoder SVN-r34173-4.5.2
                  Load subtitles in ./
                  vo_xvmc: X-Video extension 2.2
                  vo_xvmc: X-Video MotionCompensation Extension version 1.1
                  ================================================== ========================
                  Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                  Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
                  Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
                  AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1536.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 192000->192000)
                  Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
                  AO: [pulse] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
                  Starting playback...
                  Unsupported PixelFormat 61
                  Unsupported PixelFormat 53
                  vo_xvmc: Found matching surface with id=32315659 on 63 port at 0 adapter
                  Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                  Opening video filter: [scale]
                  The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                  Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                  e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.

FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).

Comment

• I compiled mplayer xvmc and now it works.
                    But I read on other forums that there are problems with amd 785 IGP.
                    We hope to resolve.

mplayer
                    MPlayer SVN-r34236-4.6.1 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
                    Uso: mplayer [opzioni] [url|percorso/]nome_file

Comment

• Is there any plan to Support libtxc-dxtn multiarch? Because currently its not possible to install both the 32bit and 64bit Version.

Comment

Working...
                      X