• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
    b/c installation should work fine.
    No, installation with apt-get is broken

Comment

• Originally posted by merb View Post
      I do not have a working system. When some part of it updates, pieces of my screen (windows in particular) flicker constantly between old and new states. For example when I switch a firefox tab the firefox window flickers between the old tab and new tab until I click and hold the titlebar as if i was going to move the window. This must be a redrawing issue, no?
      Sorry to hear that. You can try to follow advice from one of the recent posts, to download mesa deb packages from official Ubuntu repo, and install them manually, afterwards doing ppa-purge should be possible.

edit:

or if you are running 32 bit Ubuntu, Vdragon has successfully repacked the package which seems to cause the issue, so you can also follow his post.
      Last edited by reCAPTCHA; 20 November 2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
        I see no reason for doing ppa-purge, or anything else at the moment, since we all have a working systems, do we?
        A working system with a dirty state of APT that cannot install/remove/upgrade any packages

---------
        Anyway you may fix the problem yourself (assuming the next release from oibaf's PPA fixes the issue)
        The fault in the current version of libgl1-mesa-dri package is that the-new-file-to-be-installed /usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig/d3d.pc has been incorrectly name as /usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig, let APT complain that you're trying to overwrite an existing system directory(/usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig) with a regular file.

To fix the issue you need to unpack the problematic libgl1-mesa-dri package from /var/cache/apt/archives , fix the wrong file in unpacked data.tar.xz
        and control.tar.gz/md5sums, then repack them back to correct debian binary package.

The following is the command I used during the process:
        ### 1. copy the faulty debian package from /var/crash/apt/archives/libgl1-mesa-dri_10.5~git1411191810*.deb to a writable directory
        ### 2. unpack the package using archive utilites
        ### 3. fix the faulty places in unpacked control.tar.gz/md5sums and data.tar.xz/usr/lib/...
        ### 4. repack control.tar.gz
        $ tar --create --verbose --preserve-permissions --owner=root --group=root --gzip --file control.tar.gz conffiles control md5sums post* shlibs
        ### 5. repack data.tar.xz
        $ tar --create --verbose --xz --owner=root --group=root --preserve-permissions etc usr --file data.tar.xz
        ### 6. repack debian package
        $ ar rc <package name>.deb debian-binary control.tar.gz data.tar.xz
        ### 7. install fixed package
        $ sudo dpkg --install <package name>.deb
        ### 8. let APT to fix dirty state itself
        $ sudo apt-get --fix-broken install
        Last edited by Vdragon; 20 November 2014, 02:36 PM. Reason: Improve readability

Comment

• Originally posted by Vdragon View Post
          A working system with a dirty state of APT that cannot install/remove/upgrade any packages
          That is just wrong. I have updated even xorg packages, like nvidia and radeon package, without issues. Also other packages like opera-beta have updated just fine. But even if it were true, waiting a bit should not be a probem for people running oibaf. Telling him to fix the issue as soon as possible is rude and silly.

Regarding rest of your post, thanks for the info and instructions.

Comment

• The last Oibaf PPA update fixed the issue.

The last PPA Oibaf update ( a few minutes ), fixed the issue to me:

Code:
            $ sudo apt update

$ sudo apt-get -f install

$ sudo apt upgrade
            Best Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by hector View Post
              The last PPA Oibaf update ( a few minutes ), fixed the issue to me:

Code:
              $ sudo apt update

$ sudo apt-get -f install

$ sudo apt upgrade
              Best Regards.
              I can confirm this. The issue has been fixed on my system with Intel Sandy Bridge graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex0007 View Post
                No, installation with apt-get is broken

Hmm... Well the thing is, I was using aptitude (What I always use.) and I had no issues with installation or upgrade of packages. Another + for aptitude ; ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Vdragon View Post
                  The fault in the current version of libgl1-mesa-dri package is that the-new-file-to-be-installed /usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig/d3d.pc has been incorrectly name as /usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig, let APT complain that you're trying to overwrite an existing system directory(/usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig) with a regular file.
                  UPDATE:After check out the fixed version from PPA I found that the previous assumption of the issue is totally wrong

The file '/usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig/d3d.pc' is now packaged by mesa-common-dev instead of libgl1-mesa-dri, which means if you follow my instructions to workaround & actually install 10.5~git1411191810 version of libgl1-mesa-dri you'll encounter another but different "overwrite error" during next upgrade due to the duplicate '/usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig/d3d.pc' file.

To solve the problem simply remove '/usr/lib/<architecture string>/pkgconfig/d3d.pc' as root and run '# apt-get --fix-broken install' again.

Comment

• Hi, the Direct3D 9 State Tracker is now in obiaf's PPA, as it's in upstream Mesa.
                    If you want to use it on Ubuntu(trusty/utopic), here is the wine PPA.
                    Install Oibaf's PPA before using this. Works with DRI2 and DRI3 If you are on radeon and want to use DRI3, make sure oibaf's PPA is installed and add this to your xorg.conf, Section "Device"    Identifier "radeon"    Driver "radeon"    Option "DRI" "3" EndSection NEW: The checkbox to enable Nine is in winecfg under the Staging tab! IMPORTANT: This PPA only supports Bionic and Cosmic now Contact me at #d3d9 on irc.freenode.net

If you are on a radeon card, or a radeon/intel DRI_PRIME setup, install this PPA to enable DRI3, which is required for Nine

For nouveau, DRI3 is enabled by default, though it mostly untested with Nine.

For intel only cards, ilo isn't far enough to support 3D games, though Nine should support it when it gets there.

Make sure to restart X if you install the second PPA.

Thanks,
                    sarnex
                    Last edited by sarnex; 20 November 2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• KWin VSync doesn't work with DRI3 or it's just me?

Comment

Working...
                      X