No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a regression, so let's see a bit how things evolve before adding a workaround for this PPA only, that may also have other drawbacks (tuning for an old CPU may slowdown on other CPU) .

Until at least someone bisect the bugged commit.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmod View Post
      At some point after oibaf upgraded to mesa 10.4 google earth has stopped working, it crashes upon start up with these errors
      Code:
      [0904/215110:ERROR:net_util.cc(2195)] Not implemented reached in bool net::HaveOnlyLoopbackAddresses()
      [0904/215112:ERROR:nss_ocsp.cc(581)] No URLRequestContext for OCSP handler.
      [0904/215113:ERROR:nss_ocsp.cc(581)] No URLRequestContext for OCSP handler.
      Google Earth has caught signal 11.
      It was working with mesa 10.3 before. The gpu is intel ironlake. OS is Ubuntu 14.04 (purging the ppa and it works again with stock Ubuntu driver) Anyone has similar problem?
      You can ignore those NSS errors. Everyone gets them and they have nothing to do with the graphics. What version of GE do you use? Version 7.1.1.1580 or later usually crashes when run thanks to provided Qt4 libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        This is a regression, so let's see a bit how things evolve before adding a workaround for this PPA only, that may also have other drawbacks (tuning for an old CPU may slowdown on other CPU) .

Until at least someone bisect the bugged commit.
        Oh well, there goes my gaming until this is fixed. Living on the edge ftw

Comment

• Originally posted by Smask View Post
          You can ignore those NSS errors. Everyone gets them and they have nothing to do with the graphics. What version of GE do you use? Version 7.1.1.1580 or later usually crashes when run thanks to provided Qt4 libs.
          It is ge 7.1.2.2041. I know that some people have crashing problem for the issue you mentioned, but for me it is definitely the graphic driver. It worked perfectly with mesa 10.3 and Ubuntu's stock driver, but it has not been working since oibaf switched to mesa 10.4 until the update yesterday, now it is working again.

Aside: The update also fixed this webgl experiement http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/ Since oibaf updated to mesa 10.4 Firefox just crashed and chrome went black on this page,--again worked with mesa 10.3 and ubuntu's stock driver,-- but it is fixed now with the same update yesterday. Probably it was the same underlying problem with ge crashing.

Comment

• Mesa 10.3 RC2 with llvm3.5 is now in Ubuntu 14.10 repos if anyone is suffering some regressions with latest mesa git

Comment

• Hi guys. Pls help)
              Once I loged in my desktop is freezed. Topbar does not have any icons from the right side (tray). I can move just mouse, however if I launch for example Skype from leftbar, I hear the launch-melody
              Can anyone give me any suggestions pls?)
              I use Ubuntu 14.04 and Kernel 3.17RC4, however with Kernel 3.13 (default one) I had the same problem. Laptop is HP DV7 6053 (Intel HD 3000 + Radeon 6770M).

Thank u very much!

Comment

• Anyone having problems with DRI_PRIME? I had a dual AMD graphics laptop (Evergreen + NI, SUMO + TURKS). I hadn't updated my system until today, and updated both mesa and the kernel updated... well, now DRI_PRIME doesn't work, but this doesn't seem to be a kernel problem. Could this be the cause?

Originally posted by TitanFigter View Post
                Hi guys. Pls help)
                Once I loged in my desktop is freezed. Topbar does not have any icons from the right side (tray). I can move just mouse, however if I launch for example Skype from leftbar, I hear the launch-melody
                Can anyone give me any suggestions pls?)
                I use Ubuntu 14.04 and Kernel 3.17RC4, however with Kernel 3.13 (default one) I had the same problem. Laptop is HP DV7 6053 (Intel HD 3000 + Radeon 6770M).

Thank u very much!
                Are you using Unity? AFAIK, this is really common. Try resetting it (I don't know how to do it, I guess you would have to rename some dot folder or something).

Comment

• Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                  Anyone having problems with DRI_PRIME? I had a dual AMD graphics laptop (Evergreen + NI, SUMO + TURKS). I hadn't updated my system until today, and updated both mesa and the kernel updated... well, now DRI_PRIME doesn't work, but this doesn't seem to be a kernel problem. Could this be the cause?

Are you using Unity? AFAIK, this is really common. Try resetting it (I don't know how to do it, I guess you would have to rename some dot folder or something).
                  Yes, unity.
                  I tried:
                  1) reinstall\reset\replace Unity
                  2) reisntall\reset unity-icons
                  3) dpkg-reconfigure -f /org/compiz/
                  4) remove compiz folders from Home directory

Still heve this issue)

Comment

• Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                    Anyone having problems with DRI_PRIME? I had a dual AMD graphics laptop (Evergreen + NI, SUMO + TURKS). I hadn't updated my system until today, and updated both mesa and the kernel updated... well, now DRI_PRIME doesn't work, but this doesn't seem to be a kernel problem. Could this be the cause?

Yes, Im using Unity.
                    I tried:
                    1) reinstall unity
                    2) reinstall unity-icons
                    3) dconf reset -f /org/compiz/
                    4) remove 2 compiz folders at /home

Comment

• DRI3

Hi,
                      can anybody tell me how to get DRI3 on intel haswell, ubuntu 14.10 running? i found during some search that it is possible but nothing about how to.

in xorg.log it only says that there is no dri3 module found.
                      Code:
                      EE) intel: Failed to load module "dri3" (module does not exist, 0)

Comment

Working...
                      X