Page 122 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1425

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

RadeonSI now needs LLVM-3.5 to properly display textures. I figured I'd report it here hoping OIbaf would add it to the PPA+Build Mesa with it. What would be the best way to contact him without a Ubuntu without a Launchpad account, and if I do get a way to contact him. when should I try to take that action?

Not being able to play any games because if looks pretty terrible is becoming a pain. :P

I wonder, can I install LLVM3.5 and use this to rebuild it with LLVM3.5 and if so, is installing LLVM3.5 enough or would it take some more tinkering?

Quote Originally Posted by gutigen View Post
    I wonder, can I install LLVM3.5 and use this to rebuild it with LLVM3.5 and if so, is installing LLVM3.5 enough or would it take some more tinkering?
    What you do is you use the git (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/) and then use git from the terminal after all installed and do "git clone -b (Branch here, should be "master") (Mesa git URL here)" and then you build the source code like many other programs, be ready to install tons of related programs, it'll tell you, but then you'll build mesa with "./autogen.sh" and then you will see what messages you get, this is how you know what programs to install to be able to compile it. But after it builds, just do "sudo make install" and it should install.

I've compiled mesa before, at one point I compiled it every day. But, recently I tried to and it installed in 100% wrong directories, so I've never tried it again tbh. Thats why I'm asking it be added to the PPA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAaronB123 View Post
    I've compiled mesa before, at one point I compiled it every day. But, recently I tried to and it installed in 100% wrong directories, so I've never tried it again tbh. Thats why I'm asking it be added to the PPA.
    Considering that I would propably fuck up my system in the process and the fact that issue is gone for now (after today's update), I'll stick with Oibaf PPA

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage724 View Post
    Just a heads up, but it seems one of the more recent updates broke shadows on windows with Unity on Ubuntu with my 7850 (the shadows are like sections of a checkerbox). Not sure if anything else is affected or not, or what the cause is.
    Seems fixed now. Might of been related to whatever that LLVM 3.5 thing was, but in any case, all is well currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage724 View Post
    Seems fixed now. Might of been related to whatever that LLVM 3.5 thing was, but in any case, all is well currently.
    A recent commit broke things unless you had LLVM3.5. They reverted part of it, so that LLVM 3.4.2 works again. I don't think anything earlier than 3.4.2 is supported right now.

Any chance for an updated mpv? 0.4.1 was released a couple of days ago

mpv si just a bonus, here. Newer versions require an updated libav, which is too invasive, so i won't backport newer versions.

Was there a reason why LLVM 3.5 wasn't being used currently (no offense or anything)? Was it just time constraints, or maybe it broke support for other hardware?

3.5 seems like it would be pretty useful for radeonsi, and seems like it would fit right in with the already git mesa and xserver drivers.