Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam seems broken, I get this on startup:

Code:
    OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.

For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.
    Steam worked fine without the PPA, and on Catalyst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      Steam seems broken, I get this on startup:

Code:
      OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.

For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.
      Steam worked fine without the PPA, and on Catalyst.
      You should delete or (preferably) rename certain libraries which are shipped with the steam runtime and are a bit old (as compared to the graphics drivers shipped in oibaf's repo).
      Check this out in order to see which libs must be deleted/renamed: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...ux/issues/3273

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
        You should delete or (preferably) rename certain libraries which are shipped with the steam runtime and are a bit old (as compared to the graphics drivers shipped in oibaf's repo).
        Check this out in order to see which libs must be deleted/renamed: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...ux/issues/3273
        Thanks! Managed to get it working with these two commands:
        Code:
        mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1{,.disable}
        Code:
        mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6{,.disable}

Comment

• Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
          Thanks! Managed to get it working with these two commands:
          Code:
          mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1{,.disable}
          Code:
          mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6{,.disable}
          Great to hear that! But don't forget to do the same with the 64bit portion of the steam-runtime (the 64bit equivalent library). At launch time steam does not warn about that (that's normal, steam is still 32bit) and I unknowingly ran into that very same problem with Project Zomboid (which is a 64bit game), which was refusing to start.

Comment

• opengl version

Hi, To elaborate on my last post. Same machine, for oibaf ppa and xubuntu 14.04 I get

Code:
            glxinfo | grep OpenGL
            OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
            OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
            OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 10.3.0-devel (git-aa78c45 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
            With Pali's ppa and xbuntu 12.04

Code:
            glxinfo | grep OpenGL
            OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.0-devel
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
            I am really curious to know the reason for the difference.
            Last edited by kmod; 26 May 2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmod View Post
              Hi, To elaborate on my last post. Same machine, for oibaf ppa and xubuntu 14.04 I get

Code:
              glxinfo | grep OpenGL
              OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 10.3.0-devel (git-aa78c45 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
              With Pali's ppa and xbuntu 12.04

Code:
              glxinfo | grep OpenGL
              OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.0-devel
              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
              I am really curious to know the reason for the difference.
              Because of this:

After the upgrade to Mesa 9.2.0 unity is barely usable. Dash, Alt+Tab switcher and Alt+F2 command line shows in more than 1 minute, using 100% cpu. A downgrade to mesa 9.1.6-2ubuntu2 restores full performance. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10 Package: libgl1-mesa-glx 9.2-1ubuntu1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-5.11-generic 3.11.0 Uname: Linux 3.11.0-5-generic i686 .tmp.unity.support.test.0: ApportVersion: 2.12.1-0ubuntu3 Architecture: i386 CompizPlugins: No value set for ...

Anyway I just made the i915 gallium driver the default in the packages building now, try this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                Because of this:

After the upgrade to Mesa 9.2.0 unity is barely usable. Dash, Alt+Tab switcher and Alt+F2 command line shows in more than 1 minute, using 100% cpu. A downgrade to mesa 9.1.6-2ubuntu2 restores full performance. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10 Package: libgl1-mesa-glx 9.2-1ubuntu1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-5.11-generic 3.11.0 Uname: Linux 3.11.0-5-generic i686 .tmp.unity.support.test.0: ApportVersion: 2.12.1-0ubuntu3 Architecture: i386 CompizPlugins: No value set for ...

Anyway I just made the i915 gallium driver the default in the packages building now, try this one.
                Thanks for the explanation and updates. I just ran an update and reboot and I get OpenGL 2.1 now.

Comment

• Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Is VAAPI supposed to work with the Intel 945GSE?

Code:
                  0:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GSE Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
                  00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
                  I have installed the i965 va driver, but

Code:
                  vainfo
                  libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
                  libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                  libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_drv_video.so
                  libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
                  vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
                  I know this is an old card, but I am under the impression that VAAPI should work to some extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmod View Post
                    Sorry if this is a dumb question. Is VAAPI supposed to work with the Intel 945GSE?.
                    You need an X4500 (i.e. GL40 chipset or better).

Comment

• After latest updates, I had issue with Unity, which won't start. I had blank page with cursor. Nothing works!
                      Only solution for me was purgin ppa, i tried ccsm or unity, but doesn't work for me.
                      Last edited by Pepes; 31 May 2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X