X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BitEE View Post
    Can you explain how to do that?
    I just found a workaround

The problem is "libgcc_s.so.1" asking for GCC4.7. I've got direct rendering working fine, it's just steam being awkward because of this library. If you run steam in a terminal but in future do something like
    Code:
    steam | grep error > steam-errors.txt
    you'll get a nice text file in the directory you're in (default: home folder) to see what's up.

Here's the error:

libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/ant/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so))
    libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

so locate where another libgcc_s.so.1 might be on your system:

Code:
    locate libgcc_s.so.1
    I'm on a 64bit install, steam runs 32bit, so of the results i just went with /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1.

So to solve the problem, i just copied this file to replace the one steam was using:

Code:
    sudo cp /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 /home/ant/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
    (you could symlink which might be more(?)resistant to the steam client being updated, but the nature of this problem is that it will be fixed shortly when valve update the library. I'm also not as comfortable with symlinking as replacing )
    Assuming you're in a similar situation, the above command with your own username instead should fix it right up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Linux_Chemist View Post

The problem is "libgcc_s.so.1" asking for GCC4.7. I've got direct rendering working fine, it's just steam being awkward because of this library. If you run steam in a terminal but in future do something like
      Code:
      steam | grep error > steam-errors.txt
      you'll get a nice text file in the directory you're in (default: home folder) to see what's up.

Here's the error:

libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/ant/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so))
      libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
      libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

so locate where another libgcc_s.so.1 might be on your system:

Code:
      locate libgcc_s.so.1
      I'm on a 64bit install, steam runs 32bit, so of the results i just went with /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1.

So to solve the problem, i just copied this file to replace the one steam was using:

Code:
      sudo cp /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 /home/ant/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
      (you could symlink which might be more(?)resistant to the steam client being updated, but the nature of this problem is that it will be fixed shortly when valve update the library. I'm also not as comfortable with symlinking as replacing )
      Assuming you're in a similar situation, the above command with your own username instead should fix it right up.
      That totally worked for me, I can now enjoy artifact free dota 2!
      Thank you, you've been really helpful!

Comment

• Originally posted by BitEE View Post
        That totally worked for me, I can now enjoy artifact free dota 2!
        Thank you, you've been really helpful!
        My pleasure i'm sure there might have been a better solution, it's just a workaround that i could actually imagine
        I hope steam doesn't update and overwrite that file without fixing the issue as well, otherwise we might end up having to input that command in again, but it's not the end of the world, really.

To others reading this who are also suffering the same problem but for whom my post doesn't help, make sure you have the appropriate 32bit libraries necessary to run steam in the first place, otherwise you won't be able to do this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Linux_Chemist View Post

[...]
          Assuming you have your path set right, you can just rename/delete that file, and steam will automagically use the one from.
          I've also had to rename libstdc++.so.6 found in ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/ because of LLVM 3.5.

I'm still getting the "driver does not expose __driDriverGetExtensions_nouveau()" problem as before, but at least Steam now doesn't complain about the display.

@curaga Thanks!

Comment

• Code:
            steam
            Running Steam on ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
            STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
            Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1398984959_client)
            libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so))
            libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
            libGL error: driver pointer missing
            libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
            libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so))
            Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1398984959_client)
            Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
            Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
            Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
            Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
            Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number
            [0504/220759:WARNING:proxy_service.cc(958)] PAC support disabled because there is no system implementation
            libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so))
            libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so))
            Error: OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.

For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.
            [HTTP Remote Control] HTTP server listening on port 40535.
            Generating new string page texture 2: 48x256, total string texture memory is 49.15 KB
            Generating new string page texture 3: 384x256, total string texture memory is 442.37 KB
            Adding licenses for the following package(s): 0, 37, 515, 715, 4960, 7877, 8132, 8442, 11072, 12985, 13054, 13162, 13179, 13455, 13944, 14254, 15101, 15102, 15103, 17483, 17484, 17485, 17486, 17487, 18095, 18555, 18557, 18559, 18999, 19007, 27535, 30403, 30879, 35269, 36472, 36473, 43639, 43640
            roaming config store loaded successfully - 3404 bytes.
            migrating temporary roaming config store
            ExecCommandLine: "/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam"
            System startup time: 7.27 seconds
            Running Steam on ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
            STEAM_RUNTIME has been set by the user to: /home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime
            Generating new string page texture 73: 1024x256, total string texture memory is 1.49 MB
            Generating new string page texture 74: 128x256, total string texture memory is 131.07 KB
            Generating new string page texture 75: 128x256, total string texture memory is 1.62 MB
            Generating new string page texture 76: 256x256, total string texture memory is 1.88 MB
            Generating new string page texture 77: 64x256, total string texture memory is 1.95 MB
            Generating new string page texture 78: 32x256, total string texture memory is 1.98 MB
            ExecCommandLine: "/home/user/.steam/root/ubuntu12_32/steam steam://open/driverhelperready"
            ExecSteamURL: "steam://open/driverhelperready"
            Generating new string page texture 91: 256x256, total string texture memory is 2.24 MB
            Generating new string page texture 92: 128x256, total string texture memory is 2.38 MB
            Generating new string page texture 93: 24x256, total string texture memory is 2.40 MB
            Generating new string page texture 94: 128x256, total string texture memory is 2.53 MB
            Generating new string page texture 116: 256x256, total string texture memory is 2.79 MB
            [2014-05-04 22:07:59] Startup - updater built May  1 2014 15:18:29
            [2014-05-04 22:07:59] Opted in to client beta 'publicbeta' via beta file
            You are in the 'publicbeta' client beta.
            [2014-05-04 22:07:59] Verifying installation...
            [2014-05-04 22:07:59] Verification complete
            [2014-05-04 22:08:22] Shutdown

Comment

• Hint: It's a Steam bug, not Mesa.

Comment

• Originally posted by commiethebeastie View Post
                [...]
                Read the last ~5 comments, or just the one above yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
                  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=78242

Hint: It's a Steam bug, not Mesa.
                  Yup, it's a problem with Steam's runtime. Check these bug reports:

Not sure if this belongs here or in ValveSoftware/steam-runtime#13, where I originally posted. Just posting here in case it need to be here as it is a linux specific problem. After a graphics drive...

https://gist.github.com/gutigen/1906a47bc63bf82f4a8f Files Steam fails to loads are all there (checked). Tried adding my user to video group. Ubuntu 14.04 64bit with Oibaf PPA (have to use it for o...

After a graphics drivers and llvm update (mesa git 2014.04.26, compiled with llvm 3.5; llvm 3.5 svn 207303) I have experienced the following problem: libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri...

They are shipping with old versions of those two libraries (libstdc++ and libgcc_s).

Comment

• Hi guys. Long time I was searching for a solution to launch Dota2 with good fps on Ubuntu.I found this. That guy somehow made it working. I also tried to install drivers from this PPA, but it didn't help.
                    My PC is:
                    Phenom X6 1100T
                    Radeon HD7770 Power Edition
                    8 Gb RAM
                    Ubuntu 14.04 x64

Btw my videocard has 1 strange point: when drivers are not installed , it's cooler works on 100% power, that makes noise. When I used proprietary AMD's driver, there wasn't such issue and cooler was quiet.
                    With this drivers it works on 100% and I think something didn't setup completely... And also with this drivers Steam gives me OpenGL error when I launch it.

Can you please help me to do everything right? I can install clean Ubuntu and start over. Are there any advanced instructions how to install everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareMan View Post
                      Btw my videocard has 1 strange point: when drivers are not installed , it's cooler works on 100% power, that makes noise. When I used proprietary AMD's driver, there wasn't such issue and cooler was quiet.
                      I had this happen with my R7850 from MSI. My card has some dust removal technology, which spins the fans in 100% reverse at boot, and then spins normally once the driver loads. If the OS doesn't have proper drivers installed, then the fans continue to run 100% in reverse.

I don't know if I ever had it fixed with the open-source driver, but MSI gave me a VBIOS with that behavior removed.

Comment

Working...
                      X