Page 101 of 133 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1323

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Switching is done automatically on 3.13 and newer. The dGPU is automatically powered down when not in use. You can get the old manual behaviour back by booting with radeon.runpm=0 on the kernel command line in grub.
    this does not work proper on my notebook: black screen after " sudo restart lightdm"
    vgaswitcheroo was the only way to play my games, AMD Catalyst does not install, VirtualGL is too complicated for me.

-edit-
    I solved using DRI_PRIME=1

I apologize for my ignorance but this new function is not described in the guides and forums in Italian.
    DRI_PRIME works fine!

Default undefined symbol in r600_dri.so

Hi all,

After running
    LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
    I can see this error:

libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL: driver does not expose __driDriverGetExtensions_r600(): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverGetExtensions_r600

Other information in this debug command I think is all ok:
    http://pastebin.com/3U2jCwSQ

ppa-purge removes this error but when I reinstall the graphics driver, it appears again.

My graphics card is a Hd4670 agp, and apparently, the graphics driver works well. At least I have not noticed any problems with it.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by thexyzxyzs View Post
    Hi all,

After running
    LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
    I can see this error:

libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
    libGL: driver does not expose __driDriverGetExtensions_r600(): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverGetExtensions_r600
    This is expected and it's not an error, it's just that gallium drivers don't support megadrivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek View Post
    Hi oibaf. Could you please add this patch WIP: st/vl, st/vdpau: motion adaptive deinterlacer to your builds?
    I added the patch to the PPA (on both 13.10 and 14.04). Please test.

Hello oibaf, are you planning to enable openmax in your builds for testing?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ultij View Post
    Hello oibaf, are you planning to enable openmax in your builds for testing?
    Thanks!
    My card is not compatible and I cannot test, but if someone post a patch for the packages or tell me which built files are needed and where to put them I could add it.

Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I added the patch to the PPA (on both 13.10 and 14.04). Please test.
    Ok, it definitely works with
    Code:
    mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau:deint=3 -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
    on interlaced video, and
    Code:
    mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
    works great on progressive, but I'm getting a green screen on xbmc (on progressive and black screen on interlaced). But it's maybe something wrong with my system - I haven't tried it on clean install.
    (Also, there is a warning at xbmc.org by fritsch "Installation of the wsnipex repository which includes all relevant mesa patches in a stable version. Don't use oibaf ppa - it will produce black screens only.")
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek View Post
    Ok, it definitely works with
    Code:
    mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau:deint=3 -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
    on interlaced video, and
    Code:
    mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau
    works great on progressive, but I'm getting a green screen on xbmc (on progressive and black screen on interlaced). But it's maybe something wrong with my system - I haven't tried it on clean install.
    (Also, there is a warning at xbmc.org by fritsch "Installation of the wsnipex repository which includes all relevant mesa patches in a stable version. Don't use oibaf ppa - it will produce black screens only.")
    Thanks!
    I think that wsnipex PPA only added this patch more than my PPA, so the warning could be ignored. No idea about the green screen, try asking to xbmc people.