No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @DanL: I'll backport 1.113 from saucy, thanks. I know backportpackage, I am using a patched version of it for all backported packages in my PPA, I also filed some bug report about it.

@jsa1983: thanks, I'll look at what I can do as soon as I have some time.

Comment

• If you got hit by the KDE 4.11 problem you'll probably have to revert to vanilla kubuntu (KDE 4.10). However, purging the kubuntu beta ppa packages (
      Code:
      ppa-purge ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
      ) does not work 100% straight with ppa-purge (it leaves you with unresolved dependencies and thus you cannot install KDE 4.10). After ppa-purge I had to do
      Code:
      dpkg -l | grep 13.04 | grep ppa
      in order to identify all the kubuntu ppa packages and delete all of them before installing KDE 4.10. It's easy but takes some time. If you have to do this, ensure that you have a working network connection before doing the ppa-purge.

Regards,

Jos?

Comment

• I updated linux-firmware and looked at wayland issue. With wayland 1.2.0 it builds fine but it's not clear if with 1.1.0 should build fine or not. I opened a mesa bug report if there are no news I'll upload wayland 1.2.0 in the PPA and reenable it in mesa.

I agree the D3D 9 state tracker would be nice.

Comment

• New mesa have a strange bug for me.., I use a apu a8 5600 k, radeon 7650d.

Molto strano..

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
            Hi, Fabio. It seems that wayland 1.2 is already available at Rico Tzschichholz's ppa: https://launchpad.net/~ricotz/+archive/testing. Just pointing it out in case you were not aware.
            Can someone test wayland 1.2 packages from that PPA with older mesa packages with wayland enabled (or the Ubuntu official ones)?
            When someone can confirm it doesn't break anything I'll backport it in my PPA and enable again wayland-egl in mesa.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              Can someone test wayland 1.2 packages from that PPA with older mesa packages with wayland enabled (or the Ubuntu official ones)?
              When someone can confirm it doesn't break anything I'll backport it in my PPA and enable again wayland-egl in mesa.

Thanks.
              I'll try to give it a go tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll tell you how the thing goes.

Regards

Comment

I'll try to give it a go tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll tell you how the thing goes.

Regards
                Well, wait for now, there is a bug in 1.2 package, I already pinged ricotz, hopefully he will fix it soon.

Comment

Well, wait for now, there is a bug in 1.2 package, I already pinged ricotz, hopefully he will fix it soon.
                  Ha ha ha, didn't read you until now.

Okay, I have tried libwayland 1.2 from Rico's ppa archive. It seems some file got moved from one package to another in comparison with 1.0 (I had to dpkg -i --force-all because one file was contained by two different packages), but I did not get any other problem.

I tried libwayland 1.2 with your ppa build of yesterday and with xorg-edgers latest build (mesa 9.2, which contained libwayland-egl.so, so it had been compiled with wayland support). With your ppa I did not get any problem. With xorg-edgers I did not get any problem either, but mesa run on llvm. The tests were made using KDE 4.10 which does not require the wayland requirement to run, and in order to check if mesa was working properly I launched both glxgears and steam.

I'm not sure if this is helpful enough or if you needed another combinations of packages (e.g.: KDE 4.11 + xorg-edgers + libwayland 1.2).

Regards
                  Last edited by jsa1983; 21 August 2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: Typo :s

Comment

Ha ha ha, didn't read you until now.

Okay, I have tried libwayland 1.2 from Rico's ppa archive. It seems some file got moved from one package to another in comparison with 1.0 (I had to dpkg -i --force-all because one file was contained by two different packages), but I did not get any other problem.

I tried libwayland 1.2 with your ppa build of yesterday and with xorg-edgers latest build (mesa 9.2, which contained libwayland-egl.so, so it had been compiled with wayland support). With your ppa I did not get any problem. With xorg-edgers I did not get any problem either, but mesa run on llvm. The tests were made using KDE 4.10 which does not require the wayland requirement to run, and in order to check if mesa was working properly I launched both glxgears and steam.

I'm not sure if this is helpful enough or if you needed another combinations of packages (e.g.: KDE 4.11 + xorg-edgers + libwayland 1.2).

Regards
                    That was the bug i was referring to .
                    It would be nice if you could test KDE 4.11, and what do you mean with mesa run on llvm? llvmpipe?

Anyway I'll probably set up a test PPA next week, so that it can be easily tested.

Comment

That was the bug i was referring to .
                      It would be nice if you could test KDE 4.11, and what do you mean with mesa run on llvm? llvmpipe?

Anyway I'll probably set up a test PPA next week, so that it can be easily tested.
                      Yep, sorry, I was referring to llvmpipe. Even though I installed libglamor and xserver-glamor after downgrading to xorg-edgers ppa mesa reverted to using llvmpipe (which, by the way is quite slow for some games, such as Crusader Kings II which I tried to see if everything was working OK, even though my machine has a Bulldozer FX-8150...).

With regard to that problem with packages, don't worry at all, it was easy to sort out.

I will try that combination of packages with KDE 4.11. I had not tried it yesterday because, as I stated in a previous post, reverting the Kubuntu beta ppa is not clean and involves deleting several packages by hand. In any case I will try it and report.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                      X