Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsnipex View Post
    For those with white screen issues: I'd be very interested, if it works with my mesa packages from https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/test

They are built with llvm-3.4 and also include DRI3 support. Raring and Saucy packages available.
    Hi,

I just tried packages from your ppa and results are the same as with olibafs ppa. Shaders are still not getting compiled. I don't know if some parts needed by mesa are still missing or there is some problem with intel drivers. Does anyone got opengl 3.2 working with ati or nvidia card and mesa 10?

Comment

• The latest intel drivers are causing frequent (albeit brief) compositor lockups on Sandy Bridge ... I think there was a regression, this hasn't happened to me in close to a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsnipex View Post
        For those with white screen issues: I'd be very interested, if it works with my mesa packages from https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/test

They are built with llvm-3.4 and also include DRI3 support. Raring and Saucy packages available.
        do you suggest using it instead of oibaf's ppa or in addition to it?
        i ask because you don't seem to have a needed new xserver package, only mesa and the device drivers.

has anybody with an intel (especially with an haswell) been able to properly run the current unigine demos?

Comment

• The white and messed up screen also happens with Metro: Last Light. Any idea how to fix that on HD 4000?

Comment

• I have toshiba satellite l20-183 with xpress 200m with xubuntu 13.10. All is ok, but fullscreen youtube 360p is very slow-15-18 fps. How can i repair it?

$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
            OpenGL vendor string: X.Org R300 Project
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on ATI RC410
            OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-08122e1 saucy-oibaf-ppa)
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
            OpenGL extensions:
            spci -v | grep VGA
            01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RC410M [Mobility Radeon Xpress 200M] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
            $ glxinfo | grep render
            direct rendering: Yes
            GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on ATI RC410
            GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_fog_distance,

Comment

• Originally posted by Annik View Post
              I have toshiba satellite l20-183 with xpress 200m with xubuntu 13.10. All is ok, but fullscreen youtube 360p is very slow-15-18 fps. How can i repair it?
              Use chrome/chromium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annik View Post
                I have toshiba satellite l20-183 with xpress 200m with xubuntu 13.10. All is ok, but fullscreen youtube 360p is very slow-15-18 fps. How can i repair it?
                Adobe flash does not make use of any hardware accelerated APIs by default. You can force flash to use VDPAU in some cases, but your chips does not have the necessary hardware to accelerate it.

Comment

• white screen

white in some games too, some erros we need to wait for 10.0

Comment

• Is there an expected date for MESA 10.0 / 10.1 to be released?

Comment

• mesa 10

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
                      Is there an expected date for MESA 10.0 / 10.1 to be released?
                      mesa 10- 27 november

mesa 10.1- February

Comment

Working...
                      X