• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Behem0th View Post
    Already in master.
    Yep, that was I meant indeed

Comment

I dropped the kasanen-post-process-v2 branch from mesa since it merge-conflicts with master.

Comment

Updates

Mesa
        • kasanen-post-process-v2 branch was officially merged in mesa
        • new GL_ARB_conservative_depth extension (required by OpenGL 4.2)

Also I backported libvpx 0.9.7.p1 from debian. It has many changes but I especially like this one:
        Decoder speed was not a priority for this release, but improved approximately 8.4% on x86.
        which should make playing WebM video a bit faster (e.g. when using YouTube HTML5 mode).

Comment

Hi,

I have upgraded from your ppa and now I cannot boot into the graphic desktop (it boots, but then somehow I think the booting process hangs and I cannot gets into the gui) The machine has a Nvidia G105M graphic card and it is a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.04 on an external drive.

I have another partition on the same external hd with Ubuntu 11.04 using drivers from the xorg-edgers ppa and it boots with no problem. I have tried replacing xorg-edgers with your ppa on this install (purge xorg-edgers, add the Oibaf ppa and update and upgrade) before but I had the same problem in booting, removing oibaf and reinstalling xorg-edgers and booting problem disappeared.

I thought the problem might have been due to some conflicting libraries left over from xorg-edgers or other ppas so I made a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.04 on a different partition and then upgrade with your ppa but still no luck (it boots into the gui desktop successfully if I purge oibaf from recovery mode and reboot) I have been keeping up on updating (from recovery mode) so I have the latest drivers from your ppa.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
          Last edited by beew; 27 August 2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beew View Post
            Hi,

I have upgraded from your ppa and now I cannot boot into the graphic desktop (it boots, but then somehow I think the booting process hangs and I cannot gets into the gui) The machine has a Nvidia G105M graphic card and it is a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.04 on an external drive.

I have another partition on the same external hd with Ubuntu 11.04 using drivers from the xorg-edgers ppa and it boots with no problem. I have tried replacing xorg-edgers with your ppa on this install (purge xorg-edgers, add the Oibaf ppa and update and upgrade) before but I had the same problem in booting, removing oibaf and reinstalling xorg-edgers and booting problem disappeared.

I thought the problem might have been due to some conflicting libraries left over from xorg-edgers or other ppas so I made a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.04 on a different partition and then upgrade with your ppa but still no luck (it boots into the gui desktop successfully if I purge oibaf from recovery mode and reboot) I have been keeping up on updating (from recovery mode) so I have the latest drivers from your ppa.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
            Do you see something relevant in /var/log/Xorg.0.log* or in dmesg when the system doesn't start?

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              Do you see something relevant in /var/log/Xorg.0.log* or in dmesg when the system doesn't start?
              Hi, maybe I don't know what to look at, I didn't find anything informative from dmesg or the log. In the log the last line was unloadmodule vesa, maybe that shouldn't be happening? It also complained that it couldn't find the Nvidia module and the "nv" module but I suppose that was normal (since they have not been installed)

Just updated from the recovery mode, still no graphic.

Comment

Can you paste these files at http://paste.ubuntu.com/

Comment

Recent Updates

Mesa:
                  • the following drivers were officially removed from mesa and hence from my PPA package: i810, mga, r128, savage, sis, tdfx, unichrome
                  • classic swrast, r300, r600 moved to libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental package (still installed in /usr/lib/dri-alternates)
                  • added r300g ROUND v2 patch. Tested with PP filters here

Comment

I don't know how to. I can only access recovery mode.

Comment

Hi, just cut and paste Xorg.0.log1 to the URL above. Just have to connect the drive to another Ubuntu install and fish out the log, should have thought of it before.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X